• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What Color Cross Do You Solve and Why?

What Color Cross Do You Solve and Why?

• Total voters

ZincK_NOVA

WCA
2011OCON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to be colour neutral when I CFOP'd but for some reason I struggle with ZZ in anything other than white line and blue/green front (blue is better but green is still reasonable).
I can still go neutral whenever I get bored and FreeFOP though.
How exactly can one be neutral with ZZ? is it feasible to try to be EO colour neutral or should I just worry about line?

applemobile

White, because the logo is on it. I have OCD and the thoughts of having the logo on the side, or anywhere other than central during a solve makes my skin crawl.

mrpotatoman14

Green, blue, and white. I originally learned green from the Dan Brown videos. The blue came naturally after green. Honestly, I just randomly tried doing white cross and got the same times. I think the reason is watching so many videos of white cross I can just do it easily.

mDiPalma

Companies print their logo on the white side because it will have the greatest contrast and be the most visible. They want to advertise their company. Therefore, I figured I was supposed to solve the cube with the white face on top and yellow EOline on the bottom.

I do not normally wear printed t-shirts inside-out nor wear my watch with the "timex" facing my wrist.

The logo is supposed to face up. I think.

ressMox

I'm color neutral now but started off solving with white cross. Not really any particular reason, white just seemed to be the most 'normal' color on the cube

JohnLaurain

I can do either blue or green cross, but I only do blue if it's a really easy cross (only 3 moves or something like that). I do it because I learned 4x4x4 first, and turned to Dan Brown's tutorial to solve the 3x3x3 stage.