• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What approach is best for CFOP - High TPS or Efficiency

Efficiency Or Lookahed and TPS

• Total voters

Imsoosm

tymon actually knows around 69% of zblls (TULH pi)

A good comparison of max park style solving vs tymon style solving will be directly comparing their solutions and times for the same scrambles.
They competed head to head in red bull finals 2021 and max won 3-2.

reconstructions for your reference:
solve 1: (tymon 6.19)
tymon
max

solve 2: (tymon 5.66)
tymon
max

solve 3: (max 4.94)
max
tymon

solve 4: (max 4.83)
max
tymon

solve 5: (max 6.10)
max
tymon
Five solves isn't enough to have a sufficient comparison though. What we need is an ao100, or better ao500 or ao1000.

Last edited:

AerynRubik

YouTube
Visit Channel
Max Park (Standard CFOP With Great Lookahed and very High TPS) or Tymon Kolasinski (Cool Tricks, ZBLL, X Crosses, P Slotting)
Interested to know what could be better, The way Tymon solves or the way Max solves.
I say Tymon's approach is better.
If you want to practice ZBLL, I’d recommend trying out algdb.net. They have 2x2, 3x3 and even Square-1 edge parity algorithms there.
Here’s a direct link to their ZBLL algorithms : Zborowski-Bruchem Last Layer
Here’s a link to their website : Algorithm Database

Blau

Five solves isn't enough to have a sufficient comparison though. What we need is an ao100, or betterm ao500 or ao1000.
Unfortunately these are the only solve available for comparison. Even though they competed in the same competitions in 2019, tymon's solving style was quite different from now.

They are both competing in European Championship 2022 and Norwegian Championship 2022 in July, both with livestreams and 8 rounds of 3x3 in total (they are probably in the same group)

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
If you want to practice ZBLL, I’d recommend trying out algdb.net. They have 2x2, 3x3 and even Square-1 edge parity algorithms there.
Here’s a direct link to their ZBLL algorithms : Zborowski-Bruchem Last Layer
Here’s a link to their website : Algorithm Database
Speedcubedb.net is a better option imo.
It uses cubedb to check algs and is actively being worked on all the time. They have:
All CFOP & ZB algs
Roux algs
4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 and 7x7 i think
Squan
Mega
2x2
OH
And some other random stuff

Imsoosm

Speedcubedb.net is a better option imo.
It uses cubedb to check algs and is actively being worked on all the time. They have:
All CFOP & ZB algs
Roux algs
4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 and 7x7 i think
Squan
Mega
2x2
OH
And some other random stuff
What makes speedcubedb.com even better is that you can see which algs have been used by cubers in their solves, giving you an idea which alg you should learn (but of course, don't always follow what the top cubers do, instead try out the algs and see which one you like.)
also i thought it was .com

gsingh

WCA
2019SING33
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

hyn

SS Competition Results
I've always heard about tymon's efficiency and pseudoslotting, but out of the solves on speedcubedb I've looked at(just a few), I haven't really seen anything unorthodox. Maybe I'm just missing the solves with the crazy stuff tho. What are some typical tymon solves?

Imsoosm

I've always heard about tymon's efficiency and pseudoslotting, but out of the solves on speedcubedb I've looked at(just a few), I haven't really seen anything unorthodox. Maybe I'm just missing the solves with the crazy stuff tho. What are some typical tymon solves?
Well, I wouldn't call those typical since it's kinda rare, but there are a few solves where Tymon does xxxcross and plans entire F2L during inspection.