• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fluffy cube from QiYi and new photo of the MGC2 elite
4ed9aa7d4bdbd5664e5df8e47dd3bf3a.jpg

d4d8188de75bf78c2fa5762064285e03.jpg

And I completely agree with @Sion , it would be a lot easier to get news about upcoming puzzles if that was all that was posted here,

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
1 year after the first photos of the prototype, Shengshou Examinx is finally released! Stickerless only. Force cubes, anyone? :D

6EqGXCV.jpg

Currently available at ChampionsCubeStore (the actual website) for $380, and also at his AliExpress store for $330. He is legit, but I wouldn't buy from him right now, there will soon be deals that are either cheaper (other Chinese stores) or physically closer to you (international shipping during the pandemic is a pain). Considering his prices for other products, I imagine that it will be sold in Western retail (TC/SCS/etc) for $400-450, and at Cubezz for $300-350 or so. Overall, for any store, it should be a bit cheaper than Shengshou 17x17 in that same store, but not by much.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
1 year after the first photos of the prototype, Shengshou Examinx is finally released! Stickerless only. Force cubes, anyone? :D

6EqGXCV.jpg

Currently available at ChampionsCubeStore (the actual website) for $380, and also at his AliExpress store for $330. He is legit, but I wouldn't buy from him right now, there will soon be deals that are either cheaper (other Chinese stores) or physically closer to you (international shipping during the pandemic is a pain). Considering his prices for other products, I imagine that it will be sold in Western retail (TC/SCS/etc) for $400-450, and at Cubezz for $300-350 or so. Overall, for any store, it should be a bit cheaper than Shengshou 17x17 in that same store, but not by much.
Is that larger than the Petaminx?

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you mean the number of layers? Yes, petaminx is 9 pieces along an edge, and this examinx is 11. This is currently the highest order mass-produced minx.

Or larger physically? Champion's store doesn't list dimensions, yet. Common sense says "yes", but Shengshou has a 13x13 (cube) that is larger than their 11x11, 12x12, 14x14, 15x15 and 17x17. They don't know "common sense". :) This examinx already breaks the pattern of their black-with-stickers minxes.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Bro that would be almost $4,000 worth of examinxes
Almost $4,000 worth of Examinxes, plus 7,200 magnets at, we'll say $0.08 each, plus probably $20 worth of superglue, materials are $4,424. I think it was @Doctor Hedron who said on Reddit that force Examinxes would take about 39 hours, probably 2-3 times as long if you're going to magnetize as well. 100 hours of labor at $15/hour, and roughly speaking you're looking at $6,000.

I'm not into the force cube stuff, but I would be interested to see what kind of magnets would fit. I really just want a gigaminx, though.

willfcc

Almost $4,000 worth of Examinxes, plus 7,200 magnets at, we'll say $0.08 each, plus probably $20 worth of superglue, materials are $4,424. I think it was @Doctor Hedron who said on Reddit that force Examinxes would take about 39 hours, probably 2-3 times as long if you're going to magnetize as well. 100 hours of labor at $15/hour, and roughly speaking you're looking at $6,000.

I'm not into the force cube stuff, but I would be interested to see what kind of magnets would fit. I really just want a gigaminx, though.

STICKERLESS Gigaminx

FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk