• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Upcoming puzzles

WCA
2023FUKU01

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, these are not factory magnetized. Picubeshop is a cube store in China where they professionally setup and magnetize puzzles, just like what scs and cubicle do.
I am pretty sure they are since picube already sell magnetic meilongs and MoYu have announced they are releasing factory magnetic meilongs

WCA
2023FUKU01
I am pretty sure they are since picube already sell magnetic meilongs and MoYu have announced they are releasing factory magnetic meilongs
Wow, when has moyu announced that? So excited about that.
Have any cubers received prototypes from moyu? Cube companies normally send prototypes to some cubers to review and give them feedback, so they can fix minor flaws before mass producing their cubes. As I don't think picubes would sell prototypes, I think picubes are magnetizing meilongs by themselves.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow, when has moyu announced that? So excited about that.
Have any cubers received prototypes from moyu? Cube companies normally send prototypes to some cubers to review and give them feedback, so they can fix minor flaws before mass producing their cubes. As I don't think picubes would sell prototypes, I think picubes are magnetizing meilongs by themselves.
Since it's a budget cube I suspect moyu simply won't bother, picube already sell magnetic meilongs and have done for ages so I don't think they would just release new ones for pre-order like that, I'm not quite sure how they have it up for pre-order already though since it's not listed on any of my suppliers.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Since it's a budget cube I suspect moyu simply won't bother, picube already sell magnetic meilongs and have done for ages so I don't think they would just release new ones for pre-order like that, I'm not quite sure how they have it up for pre-order already though since it's not listed on any of my suppliers.
Picube has stated in Chinese that the magnetic meilongs are self-magnetized in their store in taobao.

WCA
2023FUKU01
it

why would they re-release old cubes at much lower prices though? htps://picubeshop.com/collections/picube-pro/products/picube-meilong-4-m-4x4
Don't be surprised. Cubes in Asia are less than half price of cubes in cubicle and scs. For instance, ylm3x3 m is $19.9 on the cubicle, but it only cost $5 in Asia. I got my ylm 3x3 m from China for $4 when it was on sale. Of course, the cube setup services in Asia is not as good as the cubicle and scs.

xyzzy

They look really good from this lighting and view.
Hey- the colors are neat
It's basically impossible to tell what the colours on the actual cube will be just from these renders/photos ("colourimetry"? what's that? is it edible?), but I sure hope they're using the same shades as their premium cubes rather than the same old "budget" shades. If so, I might actually get the Meilong 4 or Meilong 5 just because they're pretty cheap and I kinda want to try a 60 mm 5³.

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
Visit Channel
The full post has more images and description
And the facebook post has even more, including specifications for each cube. At least the Meilong 5M is smaller than the "old" Meilong 5.

A few weeks ago, someone on Reddit wrote that he received a "Meilong 5" which was 60 mm instead of 62, and had magnet slots. So apparently that was it, but not magnetized. I wonder if the non-magnetic version of the new one will be released, too. Meilong 5 Not M?

And everyone loves the current ("old") Meilong 4, but what if the molds for the new Meilong 4 (M) are also different, and the new one sucks compared to the old one? :p