• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheCubicle.us - High Quality Puzzles, Custom-Cut Stickers, Premium Lubricants & More!

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
First post on this in 2019?

Why yes, as you can see from the clearly visible dates on the posts above yours, you are the first person to post in this thread in 2019!
However, you don't have the first constructive post in this thread in 2019.

This isn't youtube, please refrain from commenting "first" in threads.

For some constructive comments, and to prevent this post from becoming a simple flame message:

I just read the first blog post on economy puzles, and I thought that it was good. I don't know if the blog is going to be centered on reviews or general cubing information, but I think that starting with a review was a little weird. It was informative and pleasant enough to read. I curious as to where they'll end up taking the blog.

Also, I ordered the face turning LanLan octahedron, and it's great fun. I've only spent about 15 minutes working with it so far, but it's proving quite the challenge because I don't have much experience with non wca puzzles. I know enough puzzle theory to solve most simple puzzles but with the octahedron, there are 4 axis converging on each 'corner' and the puzzle's faces only rotate three times, like a pyraminx. However, while the pyramid is essentially just a 3x3 with fewer faces and annoying center, this is it's own beast and I look forward to the challenge that lies ahead.
The quality is perfectly fine. While it certainly isn't modern speedcube material, it's better than, but fairly similar to a well broken in 1980 Rubik's brand.

E: because I typed this on mobile with auto correct on

Last edited:

Silverback

The cubicle premium MF3RS2M has been out of stock for some days now. Will it return?
I want to get one as soon as I break the sub 20 barrier.

WCA
2019SAUK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok, maybe it's a dumb question, i wanted to make an order on cubicle but on the page after "checkout" there is a line "shipping phone - strongly recomended for non us-addressed" and i dont know what to write there. Some my friends say there should be my phone number other ones think postal office's number in my city. What should i write there and where i can find it?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sometimes I debate whether I should order from here, SCS, or Chinese stores like Zcube
some thoughts:

Cubicle:
- more selection over Zcube (stickerless, special lubes, non-wca)
- shipping over $39 free, takes about 1 week

ZCube:
- puzzles cost a little less than cubicle sale prices
- heavy bulk discount
- shipping increases more with each puzzle though
- shipping est. 7-15 days (from China to US)

SCS: I haven't looked into much but I am more familiar with cubicle's lubes - $49 for 2-5 day delivery
- cubicle premium vs SCS cosmic comparable in my limited experience

I will update when I have more thoughts

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sometimes I debate whether I should order from here, SCS, or Chinese stores like Zcube
some thoughts:

Cubicle:

ZCube:
- heavy bulk discount

SCS: I haven't looked into much but I am more familiar with cubicle's lubes - $49 for 2-5 day delivery

Don't bother; no one cares.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
who took a piss in your cereal this morning?
He didn’t put it politely, but it’s true. My dad told me I would have to be in graduate school before anybody wants to hear what I have to say. One of my (undergraduate) professors liked to tell his students “you never had an original thought.” If somebody asks you to compare various twisty puzzle retailers, congratulations on having an answer ready. Now though, nobody asked so nobody cares.

Sion

some thoughts:

Cubicle:

ZCube:
- heavy bulk discount

I mean, I'm much more biased towards the Cubicle since I personally know most of the employees over there, but I've never actually had a bad experience with them once. Most of my orders are delivered within a week, which is a definite plus for me.

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
He didn’t put it politely, but it’s true. My dad told me I would have to be in graduate school before anybody wants to hear what I have to say. One of my (undergraduate) professors liked to tell his students “you never had an original thought.” If somebody asks you to compare various twisty puzzle retailers, congratulations on having an answer ready. Now though, nobody asked so nobody cares.

Is it? Seems to me this is a common conflation of higher education with someone's potential to be impactful or have worthwhile ideas. And even if in grad school someone cares about what you have to say, chances are it's a small group of people with very specific domain knowledge. To bring it back on topic, Phil Yu said in a video that having to focus on law school was actually a detriment to what he wanted to focus on competitively and what he is most known for today, that is OH solving and running The Cubicle.
The professor doesn't come off as inspiring either - at least, if undergrad is your preparation for grad school, where students actually do original research. FWIW In math camps and on technical minecraft servers I have met some extraordinarily clever and creative highschoolers.

I mean, I'm much more biased towards the Cubicle since I personally know most of the employees over there, but I've never actually had a bad experience with them once. Most of my orders are delivered within a week, which is a definite plus for me.

They ship from NY so being on the east coast my stuff usually arrives in a week as well. On r/Cubers there are horror stories about people getting wrong items or nothing at all and not getting proper replacements, but I haven't had such an experience either. I'm also a fan of TheCubicle's Youtube where they do product reviews and Team Cubicle interviews.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Is it? Seems to me this is a common conflation of higher education with someone's potential to be impactful or have worthwhile ideas. And even if in grad school someone cares about what you have to say, chances are it's a small group of people with very specific domain knowledge. To bring it back on topic, Phil Yu said in a video that having to focus on law school was actually a detriment to what he wanted to focus on competitively and what he is most known for today, that is OH solving and running The Cubicle.
The professor doesn't come off as inspiring either - at least, if undergrad is your preparation for grad school, where students actually do original research. FWIW In math camps and on technical minecraft servers I have met some extraordinarily clever and creative highschoolers.

There are some incredible high schoolers out there, who have things well worth listening to. And more education does not mean that more people will want to listen to you. The point my dad and professor were making was that, generally speaking, the chance that you have an original insight, given the number of intelligent people through history, is very slim. If you think you have something new to say you’ll probably get further by trying to find who already said it, and finding what else they said on the subject, and how others responded to it. Keep looking, and maybe after years of study you’ll find something that somebody else hasn’t thought of before. If not, at least you have the satisfaction of understanding what a lot of intelligent people have said on the subject.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
How can I track a Cubicle.us order? where can I find the tracking number of a specific order?
Thanks in advance
It should be in an email, otherwise if you ordered with an account you can log in and see your order history.

On an unrelated note for anybody at thecubicle: any chance of making the “new” tab sortable? At least on mobile it appears to be in no particular order, with the Valk Elite and MGC Elite both twice on the first page. It would be great to be able to actually see what’s new rather than scrolling through looking for something I haven’t seen before.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just wanted to drop a line to say thanks to the cubicle for providing free expedited shipping this holiday season!

I ordered puzzles for myself and as random gifts for others on Friday 12/20 which arrived Monday 12/23 even though I paid for standard shipping. I noticed the day I placed the order a shipping label was created and my package left the warehouse which caught me off guard...I was so surprised and thrilled I was able to actually give some of the cubes as gifts this Christmas Eve because of the cubicles free expedited shipping promotion even though I did not meet the minimum free shipping order and had not planned on having these cubes by Christmas!!! It was a such a nice surprise and the kids who recieved these cubes as gifts were so excited! I also,solved my new 5x5 about (10) times while my wife and I watched (I listened) to " AChristmas story". Such a cool and unexpected surprise.

The cubicle has had everything I've wanted in stock on my last (4) orders and this maneuver to make sure gifts arrive by Christmas even though I didn't pay for expedited shipping was such a cool and uncommon move in big busines (There was a legitimate active promotion I saw in the newsletter after I placed an order). So awesome.

This company has been so solid and they pulled through this holiday season in a big way. I hope you give them a shot on your next cube order. I highly recommend!

Reactions: qwr

Hazel

Premium Member
Is there any estimate for when pre-orders for the second batch of Angstrom clocks will be available, and when the estimated production time for them will be? I really want to get my hands on one D: