• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The ZZVolution.

What do you think is the superior method?

• Total voters

RiceMan_

Why EOCross = XCross anyway. In my opinion, EOCross would be easier to inspect than XCross since you're just tracking edges instead of making pair which has a corner and it makes it harder to inspect.
I dont think EOCross is good cause it has a higher move count and that just ruine the concept of eo. i think EOArrow is the best cause its a mix of eoline and eo cross

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
Good method nuetral combos imo are
CFOP-ZZ
CFOP-Petrus
ZZ-Petrus(my personal favorite)
Roux-? (roux is hard to duel method with as its so diffrent from the other 4,
but id say probably Roux-Cfop is best because usually if you get a bad Roux case its a decent Cfop case.
I dont think EOCross is good cause it has a higher move count and that just ruine the concept of eo. i think EOArrow is the best cause its a mix of eoline and eo cross
???????????????????????????????????????????????? what???????????????????????????? how would EOArrow be better than cross when you inspect one less piece?

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are there any good ¨EOCross¨ trainers?
like a scarmbler were it only gave you 8/10/12 flips?
It would be really helpful for me because currently my brain gives up if i get a 10 or 12 flip lol.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are there any good ¨EOCross¨ trainers?
like a scarmbler were it only gave you 8/10/12 flips?
It would be really helpful for me because currently my brain gives up if i get a 10 or 12 flip lol.
8 is just practice. 12 is an alg. And you can do 10 with a simple pattern too. I usually put the two correct edges on UL and DL. Then I do F B’ U F R F. I’ve memorized how this moves the pieces. I need to start doing 10 edges in new ways though, but it’s a good place to start.

RiceMan_

Good method nuetral combos imo are
CFOP-ZZ
CFOP-Petrus
ZZ-Petrus(my personal favorite)
Roux-? (roux is hard to duel method with as its so diffrent from the other 4,
but id say probably Roux-Cfop is best because usually if you get a bad Roux case its a decent Cfop case.

???????????????????????????????????????????????? what???????????????????????????? how would EOArrow be better than cross when you inspect one less piece?
its cuz with eoline f2l is more efficient and you have the freedom like in roux but the ergonomics are bad and look ahead is harder. eocross has better ergonomics and better look ahead but its less efficient cause you no longer have the freedom that you would have with eoline. thats why i use eocross cuz its a mix of both, f2l is more efficient than eocross, look ahead is better tham eoline and the ergonomics is better than eoline.

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
its cuz with eoline f2l is more efficient and you have the freedom like in roux but the ergonomics are bad and look ahead is harder. eocross has better ergonomics and better look ahead but its less efficient cause you no longer have the freedom that you would have with eoline. thats why i use eocross cuz its a mix of both, f2l is more efficient than eocross, look ahead is better tham eoline and the ergonomics is better than eoline.

bruh eocross is better in every way

MichaelZRC

ZZ/CFOP method neutrality is the easiest of the combos as they're quite similar. The problem is that you could very easily tend to do more solves with one than the other depending on your approach. Roux/ZZ or Roux/CFOP is probably the best combination as you can exploit both blocks and cross/EO.
The real best combo is Petrus/Roux

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
The real best combo is Petrus/Roux
I dont really think so,
Both methods have similar "good" scambles which means there's less of an advantage,
also the methods are not as similar as you think because the way of blockbuilding is completely different,and petrus LL v. L10P
i personally think the best combo
is petrus-ZZ
because if you don;t see an obvious block you can just do a ZZ solve instead, which isn't dependent on the same factors.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I dont really think so,
Both methods have similar "good" scambles which means there's less of an advantage,
also the methods are not as similar as you think because the way of blockbuilding is completely different,and petrus LL v. L10P
i personally think the best combo
is petrus-ZZ
because if you don;t see an obvious block you can just do a ZZ solve instead, which isn't dependent on the same factors.
The nice thing about that combo is that you can use ZBLL for both methods

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
usually with zz I do eo + cross, but now I'm trying to Plan EOLine (not too hard.) still not used to the zz f2l, any good videos about that?
Your best bet would be to just look up some Roux blockbuilding guides since you'll be doing a lot of similar blocks if you're doing EOLine. Things like making a square, then inserting a pair to finish the side, or making lines, etc.

TheSlykrCubr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Your best bet would be to just look up some Roux blockbuilding guides since you'll be doing a lot of similar blocks if you're doing EOLine. Things like making a square, then inserting a pair to finish the side, or making lines, etc.

ok. would you say it's better to finish one side before doing the other or just doing whatever's easiest?

also is full Coll better than leaving some bed cases and just doing pll

Last edited:

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok. would you say it's better to finish one side before doing the other or just doing whatever's easiest?

also is full Coll better than leaving some bed cases and just doing pll
Whatever is easiest since that's what will be faster, and usually more efficient.

I'm not sure what you meant by the later question. I'm gonna assume you're asking if full COLL is worth it and the answer is no. You should learn full COLL recognition, but not use all of it, such as sune/as since there are a lot of cases where it will usually just be faster to do normal OLL plus PLL. You can choose to time out each case though and see if it is worth it for you though. You can then use the recognition skill to learn ZBLLs later.

TheSlykrCubr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Whatever is easiest since that's what will be faster, and usually more efficient.

I'm not sure what you meant by the later question. I'm gonna assume you're asking if full COLL is worth it and the answer is no. You should learn full COLL recognition, but not use all of it, such as sune/as since there are a lot of cases where it will usually just be faster to do normal OLL plus PLL. You can choose to time out each case though and see if it is worth it for you though. You can then use the recognition skill to learn ZBLLs later.

what subsets are not worth learning? I think I heard Pi and Antisune?

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
what subsets are not worth learning? I think I heard Pi and Antisune?
It is easier to just link a doc with what is worth it: