• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I am not going to make a quest thread, so I was wondering if anyone could critique my solves on here
Just a heads up, My solves are only good because of high tps and lookahead, and my solves are generally 70 moves instead of 60

You majorly need to work on your F2L, I average around 60 with 4lll, and with 2-look I'm around 50.

WCA
2017PRAM03
i want to critique max park OH world record

Scramble: R2 B2 L' U2 L R' D2 U2 R' B U' R F2 L B L2 D' R' F U'

z' x2 // Inspection
D U' L R Uw’ U R // Cross
L' U L // 1st Pair
U2 R' U' R U L U' L' // 2nd Pair
U R' U2 R U' R' U R // 3rd Pair
y' R' U R U' R' U' R // 4th Pair
Rw U R' U' L' U R U' // OLL

you can get last layer skip no AUF if you do this on 4th pair
R U' R' U R U' R' F R' F' R

so fastest way is not always give you the best result

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
i want to critique max park OH world record

Scramble: R2 B2 L' U2 L R' D2 U2 R' B U' R F2 L B L2 D' R' F U'

z' x2 // Inspection
D U' L R Uw’ U R // Cross
L' U L // 1st Pair
U2 R' U' R U L U' L' // 2nd Pair
U R' U2 R U' R' U R // 3rd Pair
y' R' U R U' R' U' R // 4th Pair
Rw U R' U' L' U R U' // OLL

you can get last layer skip no AUF if you do this on 4th pair
R U' R' U R U' R' F R' F' R

so fastest way is not always give you the best result

So obviously Max sucks

Mods, this is what we mortals call a sarcastic remark

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel

I can't figure out what I need to improve on...can someone help?
The biggest thing I see is doing tons of U moves without rhyme or reason. I would also make sure that you are able to do Cross+1 for most of your solves with unlimited inspection. Also, make sure that you don't have to pause to look for another pair and look for pairs while inserting other pairs. As for fingertricks you have to work on your U moves. I see you doing U with your left thumb which is bad because not only does it take a long time compared to other fingertricks, it also takes you away from home grip. If you are in a position where you cant do U moves with the right index, use your left index and push on the back corner.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Way too many double rotations, learn to insert in the back slot
I think that many people overlook back slot inserts, but it can save your TPS and lookahead. If you can't do a basic L U L' or R' U' R I would get on that immediately. You can also use some roux teqniques with some extra alterations for harder inserts along with stuff like bsledge

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I'm thinking of starting a solve critique series for my youtube channel, and first I'm going to critique someone who averages 20-25 seconds, and uses CFOP, so, if you average around that range, post a video in first person of a typical ao5 for you and provide scrambles and I'll make a critique video for you.

Last edited:

YOFRODABEAST

@Mike3451 I think that you can easily be sub 18 if you work on f2l look ahead

Here is j-perm's video on it:

Also work on less rotations

Last edited:

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey friends, please provide some feedback on my solves. I uploaded 6 solves and i know there's tons of things i can improve on. Lets hear your thoughts. CFOP, 2LOLL, full PLL.

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Before the number of people saying they will critique other people's solves gets out of control, I decided that I could make this thread, similar to TheCubicle's "Cubicle Academy." You can find anybody on the following list who averages lower than you, and ask if they can help you get better. If you would like to be a mentor, reply to this thread, and I will add your name to the list.

@BenChristman1: 3x3 (sub-19), 2x2 (sub-4.5), communicate by PM, $0.00 USD/session

Last edited:

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
There's already a Solve Critique thread. We don't need a bunch of threads for critiquing solves, just put in that thread that you're free to critique some solves.
Sorry, I hadn't seen that thread.
Also you're not that efficient at F2L so you may not be the best person to be critiquing F2L(you may be able to help with lookahead, fingertricks, and stuff though)
Oof. That's a roast. ;) I could probably help somebody who averages over 30, but my main event is 2x2, so that's what I could help more people with.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided I'll critique someone every month for my yt channel. Since my critique for July is almost out, PM me if you would like to be critiqued for my August critique, and I'll pick the video I think the most can be learned from. (must average 7-25 seconds with CFOP)

EDIT: One more thing, make sure to send a typical average of 5 for you, and make sure it is from first person or over the shoulder view

Last edited:

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided I'll critique someone every month for my yt channel. Since my critique for July is almost out, PM me if you would like to be critiqued for my August critique, and I'll pick the video I think the most can be learned from. (must average 7-25 seconds with CFOP)
I would be interested in that, I'll begin recording as soon as im done with lunch