• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Solve Critique Thread

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
There's already a Solve Critique thread. We don't need a bunch of threads for critiquing solves, just put in that thread that you're free to critique some solves.
Sorry, I hadn't seen that thread.
Also you're not that efficient at F2L so you may not be the best person to be critiquing F2L(you may be able to help with lookahead, fingertricks, and stuff though)
Oof. That's a roast. ;) I could probably help somebody who averages over 30, but my main event is 2x2, so that's what I could help more people with.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided I'll critique someone every month for my yt channel. Since my critique for July is almost out, PM me if you would like to be critiqued for my August critique, and I'll pick the video I think the most can be learned from. (must average 7-25 seconds with CFOP)

EDIT: One more thing, make sure to send a typical average of 5 for you, and make sure it is from first person or over the shoulder view

Last edited:

Humble Cuber

WCA
2020KRUG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've decided I'll critique someone every month for my yt channel. Since my critique for July is almost out, PM me if you would like to be critiqued for my August critique, and I'll pick the video I think the most can be learned from. (must average 7-25 seconds with CFOP)
I would be interested in that, I'll begin recording as soon as im done with lunch

Zubin Park

I'm so bad at OH, wondering if anyone, ANYONE could help me out. I'm averaging 50-55 sec (yes, its super bad).

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
I'm so bad at OH, wondering if anyone, ANYONE could help me out. I'm averaging 50-55 sec (yes, its super bad).
Literally do solves. You're sub-10 on 3x3 so there's really nothing to improve other than turning. Watch JPerm's and Brody's videos on OH and just practice for a while. I was around there but within a couple weeks of practicing I was around 25(3x3 average was 20). You can learn OH algs if you want, but it won't help that much. Just practice turning and drill your algs

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
Hey guys, I'm going to start doing free 5x5 critiques! 5x5 is my favorite event and I want to help people improve. I average 1:08 with Yau/Yau 5 and 1:15 with Redux, so I can help people at a variety of skill levels. The critiques will be fundamentals based, I will explain how you are doing in different areas and steps and show you how you can improve. I recently did a critique of a solve from @Owen Morrison as a sort of "test run" (he asked how he could improve so I offered to give him a critique) and that took me about 3 days and was a bit more than 2 pages long. You can either submit 1 solve or 3 solves. 3 solves will take more time but might give me a better understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. Providing scrambles is completely optional, but might help a bit for things at the beginning of the solve. PM me if you are interested!

Swamp347

I've got these solves and I'm wanting help.
Hey guys, I'm going to start doing free 5x5 critiques! 5x5 is my favorite event and I want to help people improve. I average 1:08 with Yau/Yau 5 and 1:15 with Redux, so I can help people at a variety of skill levels. The critiques will be fundamentals based, I will explain how you are doing in different areas and steps and show you how you can improve. I recently did a critique of a solve from @Owen Morrison as a sort of "test run" (he asked how he could improve so I offered to give him a critique) and that took me about 3 days and was a bit more than 2 pages long. You can either submit 1 solve or 3 solves. 3 solves will take more time but might give me a better understanding of your strengths and weaknesses. Providing scrambles is completely optional, but might help a bit for things at the beginning of the solve. PM me if you are interested!
and I will try to get some 5x5 solves.

Swamp347

EDIT: One more thing, make sure to send a typical average of 5 for you, and make sure it is from first person or over the shoulder view
Could you possibly do mine for September