• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Stickerless vs Stickered

Which do you use?

• Stickered

Votes: 100 29.9%
  • Stickerless

Votes: 235 70.1%

• Total voters

stormtrooper

WCA
2019POTO01
I would overall prefer stickered, because I can change the sticker shades on the cube. Meanwhile with stickerless, I would need to spray paint. I am more used to stickered, I can use stickerless but the things is that cubes with black outlines look nicer to me. Stickerless do look nice too, but I do prefer stickered.

I do not know if stickerless affects my recognition, but I think the recognition is the same for both for me.

nms777

I prefer stickerless mostly because stickers chip and peel and stickerless generally looks prettier.

Hazel

Premium Member
More people seem to prefer stickerless, suprising since stickered has been the norm for so long! But then again only 15 people have voted so far.
I think stickerless cubes just look nicer and cleaner in general and make recognition a bit easier beecause there's no plastic color in the way even in the slightest. Plus you don't ever have to worry about chips in the stickers or getting your nail caught under them!

PerfectSledge

I am planning to buy a cube around 20 US Dollars. Which one should I go for ?
Stickerless or Stickered ?
And which cube should I go for ?
My previous main was Moyu Hualong.

PerfectSledge

For 20 bucks I could go for this one:
https://www.thecubicle.com/collections/3x3/products/cubicle-labs-little-magic-m
or this one:
https://www.thecubicle.com/collections/3x3/products/cubicle-labs-mf3rs2-m

Stickerless. You're gonna get one of the best budget cubes available but then set up by a pro. Can't go wrong there.

I am looking forward to the Valk 3.
I just love that clickiness that I get in every turn. I also love the Full fitted stickers on the black back.
And I am just SUB 25 these days.
Keeping all the things in mind which one will you recommend now?

I am looking forward to the Valk 3.
I just love that clickiness that I get in every turn. I also love the Full fitted stickers on the black back.
And I am just SUB 25 these days.
Keeping all the things in mind which one will you recommend now?

I am looking for this one too.
https://www.cubelelo.com/cubelelo-yuxin-little-magic-3x3-magnetic-elite-m

PerfectSledge

The cubelelo service is just for India. And the price is just 10 bucks for the premium service and the magnetic cube. So ain't that a better deal?

CampNowhere

Not to necrobump an old post, but I wanted to add my two cents.

I like stickerless cubes better in theory, and my current cube is a stickerless one, but one major problem is that not a single one has a good color scheme. The orange is too close to the red and the yellow is too close to the white. Because of this, it's hard to cube in less that direct light.

I might add that this was never a problem with my original brand name Rubick's Cube.

I prefer stickerlees. You get less choices with shades, but they don't chip and it is usually cheaper when buying a premium/custom cube. And this is subjective, but I prefer the different grip of stickerless cubes.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought a stickered because it was nicer than the stickered version to me.
But yeah, stickers peel off. I try to keep my nails cut short but sometimes you can't do anything

1365_0.jpg
or
1366_0.jpg

stickered seemed prettier for me