• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JF1zl3

WCA
2013REUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Zhanchi and a Panshi with the same stickers which made it slightly difficult to immediately differentiate between the two cubes, so I thought I'd have some fun and draw on a sticker and make a mini logo. What do you guys think?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/panshisticker.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/zhanchisticker.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/zhanchipanshi.jpg/

Sorry for the light difference as I took the photos at different times of day.
The Zhanchi looks bad ass. The Panshi is cool too, but looks just a tad sloppy lol.

JF1zl3

WCA
2013REUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Recieved all my stickers today:

vrambr.jpg

Does anyone know an effective way to remove stickers without damaging your cube? I used a spatula on my Rubik's brand, and it got the face all scratched up.

Also, these stickers didn't come with an adhesive strip to apply them all at once like the stickers for my DIY Dayan Panshi, so is there a good method for putting on stickers individually with high accuracy?

Last edited:
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

vrambr.jpg

Does anyone know an effective way to remove stickers without damaging your cube? I used a spatula on my Rubik's brand, and it got the face all scratched up.

Also, these stickers didn't come with an adhesive strip to apply them all at once like the stickers for my DIY Dayan Panshi, so is there a good method for putting on stickers individually with high accuracy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esh69aMOqKI

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel

vrambr.jpg

Oooo they look nice. I use a bar eraser for some sticky parts, but if the stickers you're taking off are stock dayan stickers, there shouldn't be much sticky stuff left on it that you can't rub off with your thumb. I like to use a knife to put on my stickers.

ben1996123

Banned
WCA
2009WHIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yes, most of my cubes have stickers on them.

I've only ever ordered 2 sets of 3x3 stickers, the rest have come with 3x3s (2 sets per cube a lot of the time).

I don't like tiles, but I put them on my 11x11 because the stickers always come off and its annoying.

F9Ckgqs.jpg

stuff I have in my box of stickers (bold = I actually ordered it and didnt get it with another cube):

11x11 stickers
C4Y gigaminx stickers
black side of C4Y teraminx stickers
white v-cube 7 tiles
about half a sheet of uncut tile material of each colour

standard set of shengshou 4x4/5x5/6x6/7x7/8x8 stickers
(half) bright set of shengshou 4x4/5x5/6x6/7x7/8x8 stickers
another standard set of shengshou 6x6/7x7 stickers
about 8 sets of 3x3 stickers
2 sets of shengshou pyraminx z-stickers
gear cube extreme stickers
black v-cube 7 logo tile
2 cubesmith gigaminx logos
1 C4Y teraminx logo
1 cubesmith 3x3 logo
a triangular dayan logo (no idea what puzzle)
3 sheets of application tape

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
White cubes, Cubesmith stickers. Black opposite yellow, green opposite light blue and red opposite fluorescent orange. Clockwise, Red -> Black -> Light blue.

Short nails and relatively slow turning means I rarely need to change stickers. Typically I just swap a few at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

fhein

The plastic razors that Cubesmith sells work really nice.

Maccoboy

The plastic razors that Cubesmith sells work really nice.

i use a semi sharp pen knife (most people have one so thought i'd throw it out there :p)

Works really well and i've never had a single scratch, just use it like the plastic blade from cubesmith.

one thing to note though would be to peel the corner of the sticker with the knife then try to lift it off, not to scrape it off, that'll scratch the crap out of your cube! :p

sokoban

I just like to use the stickers that come with the cube, and when I need to order new ones, I can just use a stickerless in the meantime. Cubesmith halfbrights do it for me, but I also quite like the fullbright or the chrome occasionally for some of my other puzzles.

Speedmaster

Pretty sure they are Cubesmith halfbrights with bright blue

I donn't think so, because my SS 5x5 is stickered with cs hb and bright blue, and it looks totally different, especially the colors blue and orange.
I think the stickers are from Z, but i'm not sure

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought 5 sets of IZOs super brights meaning White, Fluorescent Yellow, Fluorescent Orange, Fluorescent Green, Fluorescent Red, Olympic (light) Blue. Got a set of super bright 4x4 stickers free of charge, sweet :) This because my main is a stickerless Guhong 2 and I want to learn to recognize and look ahead on cubes that are WCA-legal.

I also bought a 55mm black diy zhanchi, lubed and stickered it only to notice that 55mm is too small for me. Heck, 57mm is too small for me but atleast I've gotten used to it. So I sold my lubix lubed and izo stickered zhanchi and am now currently waiting for my Shuang Ren Fangshi. I'm training to recognize the super bright colours by solving my 4x4 maru whilst waiting for the funs puzzle, which I will then sticker with super brights.

And something I didn't know; when buying from puzzleaddictions.com 1 set of stickers actually means enough stickers for 2 cubes. Izo stickers are very durable and apparently from vinyl, which means that the plastic can chip when solving (talking about a few months of heavy using), but the stickers never peel off during a solve. I haven't used cubesmith products as of yet, but I believe that IZO stickers are as good based on the reviews I've watched. A big up from me!

Last edited:

L2 z2 R2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94JM_JGqVY0&list=UUMbINWhsEpQYwBg--G-LqIw&index=5

Does anybody know what type of Z-stickers that are?
And do they only sell them on 51 more fun?

I think the Z -stickers are one of the best stickers.
They perfectly match for any type of cube you are choosing - no need to sticker one by one,
just do it at once whit some transparent sheet and you are done!
The quality is the same as other producers, actually they often using the same material but cutting is different.
The best color scheme in Z- stickers for me is ZBB or ZBW.
No one of other producers can't offer the red fluorescent that 51morefun can offer to you.
I recommend to try these stickers especially, ZBB or ZBW , the other colors are the same as everywhere,
but fitting and applying is the best for desired cube!

L2 z2 R2

Thing is I can NEVER try them as they don't offer Paypal. No paypal = no purchase.
I ordered several times (5 or 6 ) and even ask them to change some items during 'processing' no problem so far.
You are right the pay way is a different from paypal, but I think if some one wants to cheat you,
you can't stop it even whit paypal.

Yes you can, I have had to a few times, so I've been around the bush with that sort.

How did you order then?

Credit card?

Don't have one, so I don't HAVE another option.

Western Union? bank transfer? No way in hell ever. I want SOME coverage to protect me as a buyer and otherwise I am doing what I do now: purchase elsewhere. Too bad really, had they had paypal I would have ordered quite a few times there.