• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing Timer (Android)

alvis

v1.19 is out..
Please try out the Daily Challenge feature..
Thanks.

Working on a new feature for the timer.
It is called the Daily Challenge.

Users can trigger a daily challenge of 3x3 and receive a 3x3 scramble.
After solving the scramble, he can submit his timing to a server.
All users will receive the same scramble on the same day.
Users can view their rankings.

:)

alvis

below is a screenshot of the Daily Challenge result.
give it a try.

challenge_result.png

alvis

Requested by Mollerz
I honestly think your next priority should be getting WCA scrambles for all official events, i.e. Random state etc.

Currently, it supports all scrambles for all official events except Square-1.
I can add Sq-1 if someone can help me understand it.

Requested by EvilGnome6
Add the ability to back out when starting inspection. Sometimes it's an accidental tap or I forgot to change the setting to Generate scramble only. Once accidentally started, the only option is to start, stop and delete the last time.

Done.. user can tap the back button to back out from a solve.

alvis

anyone can help me understand how to calculate standard deviation in speedcubing timing?
thanks in advance

alvis

Session feature is added. It can be used as player profile since it allows you to set certain session as active and you can also rename the session. :)

Hi!

I have used this app for about a week now with over 500 solves on it. Overall I find it really nice! Here are some suggestions on features to add:
1. Exporting to txt or csv file.
2. Different player profiles or session profiles, sometimes my friends want to borrow the timer haha.
3. Bigger scramble font! not the biggest of issues though
4. Adjust scramble length in the options somewhere (This I'd like to see)
5. Disable the "back button" (use @override public void onBackPressed()) so that it doesn't exit the app, or ideally stop and remove the time that is currently being timed.
6. Graphing! Not absolutely needed but would be a nice challenge hehe

With the generate next scramble, I think it would be easiest to simply create a new "puzzle" and name it like "Scramble" or "Practise" which would instead of time the solve, immediately end the solve, delete the time, and thus regenerate a new scramble.

Would be interested to see the source code if you're willing to share with us hehe ^_^.

Edit: also, I seem to have found a bug where the avg of 5 display would be incorrect when I added a DNF to a solve.

alvis

okay, i think there is a bug.. let me fix it..

I got a 1.769 for 2x2 in todays daily challenge but for some reason it wasn't allowing the time when I submitted it.
Please look into the matter

JanW

WCA
2018WANA01
Nice app, like it so far!

On statistics and graph pages I can only see stats and graph for one session at a time. Even lifetime average only shows session average. Am I missing something? Would it be possible to add an "all sessions" option to the dropdown menu? Another welcome addition would be the possibility to combine sessions in session management.