• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedcubing Timer (Android)

alvis

v1.12 is out!!
Please help me by rating and comments on the app.

* Added Graph page to display timing of the past solves, average of 5 and 12.
* Disable screen from dimming and locking when the timer is running (Thanks EvilGnome6 for this suggestion).

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Another feature request :

Have the timer start like a Stackmat where you have to hold it down for 2 seconds before you let go and the timer starts. Maybe have the scramble color go red when you put your finger down and switch to green when you've held it down long enough.

That's good practice for competition timing and also helps prevent accidentally starting the timer.

alvis

v1.14 is out which address your feature request.
:)

Another feature request :

Have the timer start like a Stackmat where you have to hold it down for 2 seconds before you let go and the timer starts. Maybe have the scramble color go red when you put your finger down and switch to green when you've held it down long enough.

That's good practice for competition timing and also helps prevent accidentally starting the timer.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
v1.14 is out which address your feature request.

I think I overestimated how long it takes for the Stackmat light to turn green. It's more like 1 second rather than 2. Can you change that?

Another request:
Add the ability to back out when starting inspection. Sometimes it's an accidental tap or I forgot to change the setting to Generate scramble only. Once accidentally started, the only option is to start, stop and delete the last time.

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I overestimated how long it takes for the Stackmat light to turn green. It's more like 1 second rather than 2. Can you change that?

Another request:
Add the ability to back out when starting inspection. Sometimes it's an accidental tap or I forgot to change the setting to Generate scramble only. Once accidentally started, the only option is to start, stop and delete the last time.

Stackmat takes 0.55 seconds.

alvis

v1.15 out!!
* Enhanced the Graph to handle DNF.
* Change the transition from red to green light with an interval of 0.55s (stackmat timer).

alvis

v1.16
* Allows Backup and Restore of database.
* Rephrase the warning message for Remove All.

alvis

Working on a new feature for the timer.
It is called the Daily Challenge.

Users can trigger a daily challenge of 3x3 and receive a 3x3 scramble.
After solving the scramble, he can submit his timing to a server.
All users will receive the same scramble on the same day.
Users can view their rankings.

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Interesting idea. What about people cheating just to see their name on the top of the score board? Maybe limit the submitted score to within a certain deviation of their average?

Is there any chance of an ad-free version? I would much rather pay for one than be annoyed by that garbage. Sometimes I use a different timer just to get away from them.

alvis

I understand your concern, but I hope that people submit the result truthfully.
At the moment, I do not have any mechanism to prevent people from cheating.

As for the ad-free version, I will need to create a merchant account for that.
Thanks for your patience.

Interesting idea. What about people cheating just to see their name on the top of the score board? Maybe limit the submitted score to within a certain deviation of their average?

Is there any chance of an ad-free version? I would much rather pay for one than be annoyed by that garbage. Sometimes I use a different timer just to get away from them.