• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random sentences you came up with during BLD letter pairs

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I argued for EFGH on the front face when Ville first presented Speffz, but I lost that argument. :) I use EFGH on front as well; I learned it that way before Speffz existed, and couldn't be bothered to relearn it either.

Edit: Someone asked about the history on this - here's the thread where this was all decided, for historical reference. Sorry, some of the diagrams have been lost along the way (probably due to problems introduced when updating the site), so sometimes it's hard to tell what order we're referring to, but you can still make out a lot of the argument from the text:
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/standard-lettering-scheme-for-reference.25582/
Cool!

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
And I thought I was the only one who does EFGH on front lol. Cools. Also, about every single mbld/ 3bld attempt i do has really weird memo. Ima handscramble a cube and do a solve quick: 1:15.09[30 something] Corners: Ju(h)ge Adrian Debski ON KaPe on his LeG Edges: SLime WeaPon IM DoNe RaG KF
Okay edges make no sense but I audio that kinda so yeah.. If it was for multi it wouldve been: a Slime weapon shoots dIMes into DuNgeon (next image: ) RaG inside a KoFfee mug.

Also, tip: if you use 3 style or your buffer is the Up Front Right corner sticker, which most probably means your buffer is letter C, for many K letter pairs you could just use words that start with a C because you don't ever use C. Which sucks kinda because C is an easier letter to make pairs with.
Happy BLDing

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
And I thought I was the only one who does EFGH on front lol. Cools. Also, about every single mbld/ 3bld attempt i do has really weird memo. Ima handscramble a cube and do a solve quick: 1:15.09[30 something] Corners: Ju(h)ge Adrian Debski ON KaPe on his LeG Edges: SLime WeaPon IM DoNe RaG KF
Okay edges make no sense but I audio that kinda so yeah.. If it was for multi it wouldve been: a Slime weapon shoots dIMes into DuNgeon (next image: ) RaG inside a KoFfee mug.

Also, tip: if you use 3 style or your buffer is the Up Front Right corner sticker, which most probably means your buffer is letter C, for many K letter pairs you could just use words that start with a C because you don't ever use C. Which sucks kinda because C is an easier letter to make pairs with.
Happy BLDing
XD

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I argued for EFGH on the front face when Ville first presented Speffz, but I lost that argument. :) I use EFGH on front as well; I learned it that way before Speffz existed, and couldn't be bothered to relearn it either.

Edit: Someone asked about the history on this - here's the thread where this was all decided, for historical reference. Sorry, some of the diagrams have been lost along the way (probably due to problems introduced when updating the site), so sometimes it's hard to tell what order we're referring to, but you can still make out a lot of the argument from the text:
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/standard-lettering-scheme-for-reference.25582/
lol noice. I don't use speffz for some reason I use EFGH on front too.

So, I used to use EFGH on the front, from ruwix.com, but I looked at J Perm's M2 Edges Tutorial and he had (guess which letter) on the front, so I switched to Speffz. It's a bit harder to do the memo, but I'm still adjusting with edge memo and execution practice.