• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Public Question: What puzzle would you add to official comps

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sure everyone wants FTO, but I don't really something I don't see many people asking for is some bigger minx puzzles, like master kilominx or gigaminx. A lot of people want shape mods, (Such as the FTO), but I disagree, mostly because we already have a 3x3, and it's pretty much the same to have a shape mod, and that's also why I think mirror blocks and the such haven't been added. On the contrary, we already have 2x2-7x7 cubes, so maybe 2x2-7x7 dodecahedrons would be cool. The only problem (at least in the case of the bigger minx puzzles) is that only Shengshou, and for some of them mf8 makes it. There would probably need to be better/more variety in cube choices.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sure everyone wants FTO, but I don't really something I don't see many people asking for is some bigger minx puzzles, like master kilominx or gigaminx. A lot of people want shape mods, (Such as the FTO), but I disagree, mostly because we already have a 3x3, and it's pretty much the same to have a shape mod, and that's also why I think mirror blocks and the such haven't been added. On the contrary, we already have 2x2-7x7 cubes, so maybe 2x2-7x7 dodecahedrons would be cool. The only problem (at least in the case of the bigger minx puzzles) is that only Shengshou, and for some of them mf8 makes it. There would probably need to be better/more variety in cube choices.

FTO is not a 3x3 shape mod. CTO is an edge only shape mod.

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Gigaminx would most likely take too long, same goes for the 4-7 minx's as well

If you had the power to add a non wca puzzle to official competitions, what would you pick?

Personally, I would pick the Kilominx and the 2x2x3.
I would really like an Ivy cube. It's a really easy puzzle that you can actually figure out on your own, and would be a super fast and fun event.