• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Printable Rubik's Cube Guides (PDFs for 2x2x2 - 5x5x5)

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZSkgfQw.jpg

Yep, I'm working on a CMLL guide right now. It is coming along and hopefully I'll get a draft ready by the end of the long weekend

Love the grey one on top. Thanks so much!

chronus79

um
how i rotate the x in this : x' d (R F') U (R' F) d' in the 5x5x5 cube
and please explain the y and z too

SenileGenXer

AndyK: I made a megaminx last layer guide. It is targeted squarely at beginners but I don't think it is that bad.

The algs are easier and shorter. It is more intuitive and hopefully a little more self explanatory. Doesn't seem to be getting the traction I wanted here in how to & guides.

I know you have a beginners's guide already but you can have mine as well and republish it if you want. I think mine is better in how a solve flows. If you have any suggestions I might accept them. I've now tried to color code it somewhat like yours.

My guide. Warning: the words "edge control" in my guide currently has a link to a youtube video that starts loud.

Last edited:

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I made a megaminx last layer guide. It is targeted squarely at beginners but I don't think it is that bad.

The algs are easier and shorter. It is more intuitive and hopefully a little more self explanatory. Doesn't seem to be getting the traction I wanted here in how to & guides.

I know you have Odder's guides but you can have mine as well and republish it if you want. If you have any suggestions I might accept them. I've now tried to color code it somewhat like yours.

My guide. Warning: the words "edge control" in my guide currently has a link to a youtube video that starts loud.

How can I download it as a pdf? Because "save as" wants to save it as a htm site, and the "download" button does not work.

SenileGenXer

The download button should work even without a dropbox account. Try a different web browser.

If that doesn't work here is a direct link from a different host. This may not be updated as frequently as the dropbox one.

Last edited:

AndyK

Premium Member
AndyK: I made a megaminx last layer guide. It is targeted squarely at beginners but I don't think it is that bad.

Josh, I love this guide! It is definitely more clear than my beginner's guide. I will PM you, my inbox is now not full

Cambion7

Greets,
I'm new to this web page, and after decades of playing with a 3x3x3 decided to go with the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5. Maybe later I'll go for the bigger cubes. I checked out the 5x5x5 guide, v3 and saw what might be a rotation error so I thought I would check in here.

Page 1 the very first cube picture at the top left shows r U' r'. Doing this, won't the newly created pair be brought back down to F? Doing a U instead would keep it all on top. But as I say, I'm a noob. Love all of the guides! Thanks for putting them up for us.

Regards,
Scott

brian724080

Greets,
I'm new to this web page, and after decades of playing with a 3x3x3 decided to go with the 4x4x4 and 5x5x5. Maybe later I'll go for the bigger cubes. I checked out the 5x5x5 guide, v3 and saw what might be a rotation error so I thought I would check in here.

Page 1 the very first cube picture at the top left shows r U' r'. Doing this, won't the newly created pair be brought back down to F? Doing a U instead would keep it all on top. But as I say, I'm a noob. Love all of the guides! Thanks for putting them up for us.

Regards,
Scott

Nope, I think you may be reading U' as U and vice versa. Also, it is impossible to bring the paired up center and edge to F because centers don't move. This is how r U' r' is performed, ignore all the other pieces.

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been using gqTimer, and I love the additional functionality it adds to qqTimer. However, it lists skewb as a non-WCA puzzle, and because of that, it doesn't support time logging for it. I noticed that qqTimer does list skewb as a WCA puzzle. I would love it if you found a way to fix this.

Risos

Hello, I've been using gqtimer for a while, but for some reason today it won't let me log in using Google. I thought I remembered something about them changing the way accounts integrated with other websites, and you may be trying to do it in an out-of-date way. Can you look into this and get it fixed?

I'm also having this problem.

nvpendsey

Can anyone please make a 3x3x3 CLL guide?
One more thing, can anyone make these guides in a arrow notation form?
They would be awesome for people who are not comfortable with chacter-based notation.

Last edited:

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can anyone please make a 3x3x3 CLL guide?
One more thing, can anyone make these guides in a arrow notation form?
They would be awesome for people who are not comfortable with chacter-based notation.

People who are not comfortable with cubing notation should honestly get comfortable with it. Learning full CLL before learning cubing notation is kind of silly in my opinion.

nvpendsey

Its a COLL guide.I want a CLL one.COLL preserves the edge orientation while CLL doesn't.

People who are not comfortable with cubing notation should honestly get comfortable with it. Learning full CLL before learning cubing notation is kind of silly in my opinion.
I can read and use it nicely but for me arrows are much faster to use in a solve.Also, I am not going to learn it now, (though i will learn it some time later) there are no guides for CLL available anywhere.

kschiew

Its a COLL guide.I want a CLL one.COLL preserves the edge orientation while CLL doesn't.

I can read and use it nicely but for me arrows are much faster to use in a solve.Also, I am not going to learn it now, (though i will learn it some time later) there are no guides for CLL available anywhere.
Actually a lot of the CMLL algs dont destroy the F2L edges, so if you are really desperate, you might want to learn these CMLL cases and learn some COLL cases as auxilliary algs for those CMLL algs that don't preserve f2l.

And btw, Andy if you are still making new alg sheets for your page, I would suggest probably ZZF2L for ZZ and CMLL + LSE for Roux as these two methods are currently growing in a decent pace, so these will really help! :D

Last edited by a moderator: