• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Printable Rubik's Cube Guides (PDFs for 2x2x2 - 5x5x5)

nvpendsey

Yeah that can work but a CLL guide allow to learn faster due to all the algorithms being a one place.
Also there is a ELL guide already made by him.CLL guide (after being made) can be combined with the ELL and F2L guides to make an awesome (and as far as I know) CFCE guide cum algorithm sheet.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
AndyK has not posted on these forums in almost a year and a half.
I wouldn't count on him even still being interested in cubing these days.

Does that mean I should better go now and download ALL the guides before he stops paying for the domain and the website goes offline? Because some of them are great guides

gelatine1

The Pdf about 3x3 OLL contains an error. the algorithm for the second case in "Corners Correct, Edges Flipped" (the H-shape) Is not correct. The M' there should be an M for it too work correctly. could anyone edit that ?

demontoe

Hi Andy! Are you still cubing these days? What are you up too? I come not to bury the great wolf but to praise him! :p
I have been using your guides and have found them to be exceedingly well crafted :cool: and the way in which you
organized them to aid in memorization is definitely worth at least one if not multiple kudos. All in all I give your
guides a grade of wicked sick! Hopefully you are still lingering around the grid somewhere. :D Bad Mephisto
site is down now too :( so let me know what is going on with you guys. Eye'll be watchin' o_O

AndyK

Premium Member
Really nice pdfs. But what is the significance of using bold font?
(R U R')
Thank you! They are still due for an update.

The bold font in the F2L algs indicates the move where the two F2L pieces pair up. After this move, you can improvise and place the pair in a slot other than the front right slot or you can improvise with various F2L insertions

yufanyufam

Diagram of Permute Edges in the beginner's guide of megaminx is wrong.
Also R U2' R' U' R U2' R' is a much faster algorithm for the third EP case.
Would you like to update?

It would be useful if it also includes the fourth EP case that is missing
R U R' U R U' R' U2 R U2 R'

Last edited:

virtualk

Hey @AndyK!

I recently developed an interest in OH and I printed out your guide titled "Weston's One Handed Last Layer".

I found that the perm you have labeled as Gc has a missed cube rotation. I was confused when I practiced it just off of the paper because it never worked out for me. I followed the link to Weston Mizumoto's YouTube page, and there I was able to watch him finger trick the perm. He added a y in between the 4th to last move (U2) and the 3rd to last move (r).

This is a very minor detail and it caused no harm, but I just wanted to put this out there in case you want to fix it and spare some people like me a few minutes wondering why their new G-Perm won't work :)

anyway, thank you for all of the guides!

awh

Hi @AndyK

I've been carrying around laminated copies of your 3x3 guide for years, since I seem to be on the pace of learning about 1 algorithm per 2 months or more. I'm wondering if you have editable versions that you'd be willing to share? When I find algorithms that I like better, I end up having to make a label and stick it over top of the algorithm that's there.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi @AndyK

I've been carrying around laminated copies of your 3x3 guide for years, since I seem to be on the pace of learning about 1 algorithm per 2 months or more. I'm wondering if you have editable versions that you'd be willing to share? When I find algorithms that I like better, I end up having to make a label and stick it over top of the algorithm that's there.
You can make your own versions of alg sheets from speedcubedb.com (disclaimer: I haven't tried it yet)