• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Poll: What speedcubing method do you use?

What speedsolving method do you use for 3x3?

• Total voters
D

Daniel Lin

but your cfop is 16 and your roux is 21, so wouldn't your main method be cfop?
I use Roux whenever there are premade pairs or squares. Yeah, my Roux is a bit slower, that's why I need to practice:p

Good Idea! I'll do that in a few days.
It's not just whether or not someone's color neutral, that poll has been done before. I'm more interested in what percentage of CFOP solvers are color neutral, as opposed to, say the percentage of Roux solvers are color neutral.

efattah

I know we've been through this before, but I still think that when you sign your name next to your 3x3 time, there should be a box where you can put the abbreviation of the method used in the solve. It would be so awesome to be able to search the WCA database and find the fastest singles/averages with different variants. Since some people use different methods from one solve/round to the next, putting it next to your time would be ideal. Also in that case polls such as this would not be needed, you would just query the database.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
surprised about that too. i thought roux popularity has grown significantly, but i guess it's really zz who is the real winner.
Its now 14 to Roux, 5 to ZZ, which is probably the right sort of ratio.

It's also worth noting that these polls are biased to people who read the forum regularly, and these people are far far more likely to try new methods than people who don't read the forums. So these polls are heavily biased and exaggerate less common methods.

This poll suggests 1 in 4 cubers uses Roux as their main method but realistically it's probably less than 1 in 20. For ZZ it's most likely less than 1 in 50.