• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Software Question Thread

Cheersbigears

Hi All,

Looking for an app in andriod to help get me started on PLL. Ideally showing most popular algs and probability of cases? Any recommendations?

Thanks for any info...

xyzzy

Does anybody know of a good cube image generator? Preferably, I can download the image with a transparent background to my computer.
VisualCube?

(Afaik only the SVG output works, and I don't know if whatever use you have for such images will work with SVG. If you find the syntax too finicky (and it kind of is), you can also use VisualCube to produce a template then edit the colours in the SVG file directly.)

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
VisualCube?

(Afaik only the SVG output works, and I don't know if whatever use you have for such images will work with SVG. If you find the syntax too finicky (and it kind of is), you can also use VisualCube to produce a template then edit the colours in the SVG file directly.)

I also use VisualCube. Also you can make it produce PNGs, JPEG/JPGs successfully as well

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
What is a good cubing timer to use? I currently use CS timer, which is just a plain online cubing timer with scrambles, but is there a different timer with more features that you would recommend?

csTimer is the best imo. You can see some good stats, there's scrambles for most puzzles you'd want to do, and there's some advanced settings to do cool stuff.

Another timer that rivals it though is Block Keeper, which is an app on your computer(no internet!) that I was using for a while. Depending on your preference, it could be better than csTimer.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dear Brest,

The official link is broken for a long time....
I need a software to show me a list of move sequence of a scrambled cube.
Is there any alternatives?

Thanks,
Andy
I just downloaded it from that site, so maybe you are not seeing the correct link?

download.png

If that still doesn't work for you, try the source code on github: https://github.com/hkociemba/CubeExplorer

Silky

csTimer is the best imo. You can see some good stats, there's scrambles for most puzzles you'd want to do, and there's some advanced settings to do cool stuff.

Another timer that rivals it though is Block Keeper, which is an app on your computer(no internet!) that I was using for a while. Depending on your preference, it could be better than csTimer.
qqTimer is a classic though.