• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Software Question Thread

NevEr_QeyX

Maybe there's a problem on your side, for example, if you were messing around with chrome or your account (i.e switching users or account), there would be a new session for a new user.
Hmm, I wasn't messing with any of that, I am using the same device I have always used and the sync option is turned on. Maybe it was a glitch or something IDK.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
My cstimer resets all the time. It didn't use to, but I was never in the habit of tracking things much past ao100, so I didn't mind too much when it started. At this point, it just happens anytime I close my laptop, so I always export my times.

You probably have browser cookies off

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you clear your browser history?
Maybe twice a month, but not every time I close my computer.

How do you use the multi-quote feature on this site? I use chrome if it matters for any reason

You click the [+Quote] button in the bottom right of however many posts you want to quote

Screenshot 2020-06-14 at 8.21.26 PM.png

or the highlighted portion of a text

1592184582095.png

and then click the ["Insert quotes...] button in the bottom left corner of the message box to insert them into the message.

1592184228433.png

NevEr_QeyX

I connected my stackmat to my computer on cs timer, but sometimes it starts the timer and stops it .00x seconds later!
What's going on?
is it hardware? Or a fixable setting?

Do you clear your browser history?
It's really weird, it's just the times that disappear, everything else is the way I left it. I think it happens when I abruptly close the browser, but sometimes it doesn't IDK it's really stoopid

Last edited:

xyzzy

I just realised my old post in the kilominx discussion thread said "link in sig" but I removed that like a year ago, welp.

Download the two files here (you can download them together with the "Download ZIP" button) and open kiloscrambler.html in Firefox or Chrome. Check the random-state scrambles box to get, well, random-state scrambles, but keep in mind that the first run may take a minute or two to set up some data. This data is not saved and it will have to be regenerated every time you open it. (The partially-random-state scrambles you get with the box unchecked are probably almost as good, and are basically instantaneous.) If you want to generate larger batches of scrambles at once (e.g. to copy-paste into csTimer), change the NUM_SCRAMBLES variable in the code to a larger number.

Maybe I should fix the array shuffling code. It "works", but has biases on the order of 10^−8. Not sure why I did that when I've written Fisher-Yates like a million times before…

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there anywhere that I can find a high-quality image of a square-1 U face? I'm gonna make some stickers (Not for stickering the square-1, just to put on my stuff) and I can't find a high-quality image of one.

Hello! Is there a way to access or transfer CSTimer sessions from one device to another? Additionally, there is a button which says “export to file”, and it downloads data about my sessions. Can this file be used to transfer sessions to another device? My computer might break soon and I want to transfer all of my sessions to another device before it’s too late. Thanks :)

SpeedyCube

Hi all,

I’m looking for a timing app with the following features:

-Compatible with iOS.
-Can’t accidentally delete times.
-Inspection time change.
-Records times, PB, averages, etc.
-Preferably no ads.
-Allows me to note which cube I’m using.

Any suggestions? Thanks!