• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Lube Thread

WCA
2018BRUM01
Hello, I was just wondering if I can lubricate my new gan i, or would it damage the cube since it is electronic. Please answer asap
Thanks

-rahultheravenchinesecubingdragonator1
You should be able to put a light coat of lube across all of the pieces. A little bit of lube is actually better than the gunk that builds up in a totally dry cube.

NevEr_QeyX

I lubed an Aosu WR M with some SCS lunar on the centerpiece spinny boi thingy, vortex for the core, and DNM on the pieces. However it became super slow and now I don't know what to do! Is it the lube? Or am I missing a spot that is super dry and makes it slow (I lubed in between the internal pieces, in the wings and put a drop or two on the corner stalk at the innermost part).

brododragon

I lubed an Aosu WR M with some SCS lunar on the centerpiece spinny boi thingy, vortex for the core, and DNM on the pieces. However it became super slow and now I don't know what to do! Is it the lube? Or am I missing a spot that is super dry and makes it slow (I lubed in between the internal pieces, in the wings and put a drop or two on the corner stalk at the innermost part).
Sometimes it just takes a lot of solves to speed up. That's weird, though.

JesusCamden

GAN factory lube
Does anyone know what kind of lube they use? I really liked the feeling out-of-the-box but were yet unable to recreate it. I think it's one of the GAN lubes but you might never know lol. Since I am from Germany ordering Lube from the US is no option (shipping fees) so I have to go with what Amazon or Aliexpress has to offer. Or does anyone know a good online shop with moderate shipping costs to Germany? I got my hands on Maru and Z-Lube which are great for like 3 solves and ordinary silicone spray. Nothing I am really satisfied with. I want a fast and non-gummy feeling. Any suggestions?

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is probably a dumb question, but I thought I've heard Lubicle Black doesn't work on even layered cubes because there's not the right kid of contact or whatever. Can someone tell me if this is true? Because my 4x4 and 6x6 are very sluggish and I don't want to ruin them.

nanayu18

I recently starting lubing my screws and cores on my YJ MGC. A few days later, I started noticing some black substance on my screws and cores, and I think this might be the lube. It will easily stain and I'll have to clean it every once in a while. Any tips on how to stop this? I think it's the lube reacting to the metal and turning black, idk. If you want to know more, the lube I am using is Lubest XMT 10, and I got it from the cubicle. Great lube btw, and very cheap as well.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently starting lubing my screws and cores on my YJ MGC. A few days later, I started noticing some black substance on my screws and cores, and I think this might be the lube. It will easily stain and I'll have to clean it every once in a while. Any tips on how to stop this? I think it's the lube reacting to the metal and turning black, idk. If you want to know more, the lube I am using is Lubest XMT 10, and I got it from the cubicle. Great lube btw, and very cheap as well.
I'm not sure what is in Lubest XMT but if its not silicon-based it can start to cause your hardware to rust/discolor