• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Lube Thread

WCA
2018BRUM01
Hello, I was just wondering if I can lubricate my new gan i, or would it damage the cube since it is electronic. Please answer asap
Thanks

-rahultheravenchinesecubingdragonator1
You should be able to put a light coat of lube across all of the pieces. A little bit of lube is actually better than the gunk that builds up in a totally dry cube.

NevEr_QeyX

I lubed an Aosu WR M with some SCS lunar on the centerpiece spinny boi thingy, vortex for the core, and DNM on the pieces. However it became super slow and now I don't know what to do! Is it the lube? Or am I missing a spot that is super dry and makes it slow (I lubed in between the internal pieces, in the wings and put a drop or two on the corner stalk at the innermost part).

brododragon

I lubed an Aosu WR M with some SCS lunar on the centerpiece spinny boi thingy, vortex for the core, and DNM on the pieces. However it became super slow and now I don't know what to do! Is it the lube? Or am I missing a spot that is super dry and makes it slow (I lubed in between the internal pieces, in the wings and put a drop or two on the corner stalk at the innermost part).
Sometimes it just takes a lot of solves to speed up. That's weird, though.

JesusCamden

GAN factory lube
Does anyone know what kind of lube they use? I really liked the feeling out-of-the-box but were yet unable to recreate it. I think it's one of the GAN lubes but you might never know lol. Since I am from Germany ordering Lube from the US is no option (shipping fees) so I have to go with what Amazon or Aliexpress has to offer. Or does anyone know a good online shop with moderate shipping costs to Germany? I got my hands on Maru and Z-Lube which are great for like 3 solves and ordinary silicone spray. Nothing I am really satisfied with. I want a fast and non-gummy feeling. Any suggestions?

nanayu18

I recently starting lubing my screws and cores on my YJ MGC. A few days later, I started noticing some black substance on my screws and cores, and I think this might be the lube. It will easily stain and I'll have to clean it every once in a while. Any tips on how to stop this? I think it's the lube reacting to the metal and turning black, idk. If you want to know more, the lube I am using is Lubest XMT 10, and I got it from the cubicle. Great lube btw, and very cheap as well.

Sub1Hour

I recently starting lubing my screws and cores on my YJ MGC. A few days later, I started noticing some black substance on my screws and cores, and I think this might be the lube. It will easily stain and I'll have to clean it every once in a while. Any tips on how to stop this? I think it's the lube reacting to the metal and turning black, idk. If you want to know more, the lube I am using is Lubest XMT 10, and I got it from the cubicle. Great lube btw, and very cheap as well.
I'm not sure what is in Lubest XMT but if its not silicon-based it can start to cause your hardware to rust/discolor