• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
the centercaps wobble (minor), it feels slow and sloggish no matter how much I clean and relube, it looks like jerryrigeverything preformed on it, and its just worn out. The internal plastic feels dead, and the cube does not at all feel like it used to.
today, I saw just playing with my X, and I accidentally left it disassembled with the fan on for about 2 hours, and it started to feel much better. Still not normal, but much much better.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
today, I saw just playing with my X, and I accidentally left it disassembled with the fan on for about 2 hours, and it started to feel much better. Still not normal, but much much better.
I find that if a cube is in a cold area, be that in front of a fan or air conditioning it performs really nice. I'm kind of tempted to stick my MS in the freezer for an hour.

pppatty

Hello community,

I'm the proud owner of a Gan 356i v2. I’m also using v3.5 of Cube Station. My issue is all turns on my cube, apart from U’s and D’s, are out of sync with the app. Specifically, a right turn on my cube results in a back turn on the app. A left turn on my cube results in face turns on the app. Face turns on the cube results in right turns on the app and back turns on the cube result in left turns on the app.

I have tried the following:
resetting in the app
reinstalled app
Disconnect and reconnect cube
alignment option on connect and during training modes
Tried using the cube and app on other devices

Interestingly, I can sometimes get the general orientation of the cube to match the virtual display on the app (except in training mode), but the turns remain (except U's and D's) out of sync.

I added a few videos. Please help
Dear,

Thanks for your feedback.

We suggest that you can reset your setting: top white and green front. And to see if it works.
This issue may be due to the formula practice disruption to the corresponding formula state function, the default tesseract orientation for the yellow top green front, so the rotation of the problem is not synchronized.

We will see how to optimize this issue. Sorry for inconvenience.

1632714575660.jpeg

YiG

Hello community,

I'm the proud owner of a Gan 356i v2. I’m also using v3.5 of Cube Station. My issue is all turns on my cube, apart from U’s and D’s, are out of sync with the app. Specifically, a right turn on my cube results in a back turn on the app. A left turn on my cube results in face turns on the app. Face turns on the cube results in right turns on the app and back turns on the cube result in left turns on the app.

I have tried the following:
resetting in the app
reinstalled app
Disconnect and reconnect cube
alignment option on connect and during training modes
Tried using the cube and app on other devices

Interestingly, I can sometimes get the general orientation of the cube to match the virtual display on the app (except in training mode), but the turns remain (except U's and D's) out of sync.

I added a few videos. Please help
Have you taken the cube apart recently to clean it?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I find that if a cube is in a cold area, be that in front of a fan or air conditioning it performs really nice. I'm kind of tempted to stick my MS in the freezer for an hour.
Tried that with my aolong during a period where it was getting worse (I cleaned out the lube).
I can neither confirm nor deny that it made a difference.
edit: wait, wouldn’t any water based lubes freeze?

SH03L4C3

Update:
I accidentally left it in there for 3 hours, and here is what happened:
The cube was very cold and there was condensation on the plastic. No difference, other than the fact that the lube in the cube that made it gummy and controllable is gone. Maybe the freezer was too intense, I will try the refrigerator later.

Uneffective

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
I put a rubiks 2x2 in a cup of water which went in the freezer.
This is veering way off topic. There should be a thread for experiments like this.

SH03L4C3

This is veering way off topic. There should be a thread for experiments like this.

I was trying to find that... thanks!

pppatty

@pppatty Many thanks for taking the time to respond-I appreciate it! You are correct, I now notice there is an inconsistency with the main cube orientation at start up and that of the cube image in the training sections. I did as you recommended-white top and green front-- and even tried some of the other orientations in the cube settings area you highlighted e.g. different tops and fronts. There is some progress :) the mirror image of the cube in the training section is now correct at start up. However, unfortunately the turns are still out of sync. If I understand you correctly, is this likely a software issue?

@YiG thanks for chipping in-I have yet to venture inside of the cube-too worried I may break something.
Hi, could you take another video to see?

Silverback

I just came here, because I have the same problem. I have only 79% percent of my solves finished. That means, that around every fifth solve does not get recognized. The physical cube is solved, the one on the screen is not.
Cube is 356i V2, phone is Nokia 5.4, App is cube station downloaded from the gan website.
I get similar issues, when I use cubeast.
Maybe gan should track, how often people dnf and immediately solve reset via the cube manager.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just came here, because I have the same problem. I have only 79% percent of my solves finished. That means, that around every fifth solve does not get recognized. The physical cube is solved, the one on the screen is not.
Cube is 356i V2, phone is Nokia 5.4, App is cube station downloaded from the gan website.
Maybe gan should track, how often people dnf and immediately solve reset via the cube manager.
Same thing happens with the I carry

Silverback

I have a feeling, that it is the orange side, that causes the problems. I'm thinking about ways to collect more data to test this hypothesis. Has anybody experienced anything similar and does anyone know how to fix it?
Update: It is definitely the orange side. It doesn't always recognise the turns correctly. Still waiting for ideas to fix this. Other than switching to ZZ

Last edited:

17th Nov.2021

Dear All valued Users,

Thanks for your continuous support and help!!!
We have received some users' feedback that it's hard to load into the homepage, Update nee to wait a long time and the network always shows it unstable. All comments and feedbacks are valued.

We're fixing these issues all the time and now we're recruiting some volunteers who use android 11 or above to help us to test the fixed one.

Test period: End of Nov-Mid of Dec.
Test Content included:
1. Does Android 11 or above system users can able to download Cube Station from GooglePlay and use it normally?
2. Is the APP stable during use?
3. Is spending a long time on the loading page?
4. Does it return to the login page after the network is disconnected?
5. Other Network issues

PM me if you are interested to be our volunteers, helping us improve and creating a better Cube Station.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
GAN Service Team

Last edited:

YiG

Recently bought an i3 cube, been great until this morning.. cube station showed battery level at around 90% when suddenly the cube on screen stopped moving, it was still showing as connected though. Tried restarting my tablet and the app, the cube showed up in the connection list but no light was coming from the cube. The i3 connected to the app but still showed no movement on screen. In the connection screen it showed a blank space where it would show the cube version and firmware version and if you try to hit the solve reset button it says reset failed. The battery level was now showing 5% but when I placed it in my power pod or the charging cradle it shows as battery full after a couple of minutes.

I have tried doing d20 on the various sides to disable and re-enable Bluetooth but that has no effect. Waiting to hear back from the place it was bought from..

Faulty i3

Last edited:

AndyH

Since November 29, my cube station app hasn't been able to connect to the network. All I get is "please check the network". I'm in San Jose California. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anything I can do?