• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

pppatty

Recently bought an i3 cube, been great until this morning.. cube station showed battery level at around 90% when suddenly the cube on screen stopped moving, it was still showing as connected though. Tried restarting my tablet and the app, the cube showed up in the connection list but no light was coming from the cube. The i3 connected to the app but still showed no movement on screen. In the connection screen it showed a blank space where it would show the cube version and firmware version and if you try to hit the solve reset button it says reset failed. The battery level was now showing 5% but when I placed it in my power pod or the charging cradle it shows as battery full after a couple of minutes.

I have tried doing d20 on the various sides to disable and re-enable Bluetooth but that has no effect. Waiting to hear back from the place it was bought from..
Dear, we will report this issue to our IT deparment. And will update to you.

pppatty

Since November 29, my cube station app hasn't been able to connect to the network. All I get is "please check the network". I'm in San Jose California. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there anything I can do?
Dear, could you provide us your phone model and a screen shot of the app remind?

YiG

Dear, we will report this issue to our IT deparment. And will update to you.
Just to add to my issue, when the cube is placed on charge the dock light shows it is charging but there is no light coming from the cube. Also when the cube is connected I tried doing the d20 on red to disconnect the Bluetooth but it did nothing.

pppatty

Just to add to my issue, when the cube is placed on charge the dock light shows it is charging but there is no light coming from the cube. Also when the cube is connected I tried doing the d20 on red to disconnect the Bluetooth but it did nothing.
Dear, please contact your seller for an check and they can help you solve your issue.

pppatty

I just came here, because I have the same problem. I have only 79% percent of my solves finished. That means, that around every fifth solve does not get recognized. The physical cube is solved, the one on the screen is not.
Cube is 356i V2, phone is Nokia 5.4, App is cube station downloaded from the gan website.
I get similar issues, when I use cubeast.
Maybe gan should track, how often people dnf and immediately solve reset via the cube manager.
Dear, please contact your seller for checking an actual issue and they can solve your issue.

pppatty

I have an iphone 11, and wow that's a big picture LOL
Dear, thanks for providing.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is old version 1.0 and now we have updated. Please download the latest version from the app store. But it needs to re-register and the original data can not be transferred to the new version.

Hope this can help you. :)

rastopato

Recently bought an i3 cube, been great until this morning.. cube station showed battery level at around 90% when suddenly the cube on screen stopped moving, it was still showing as connected though. Tried restarting my tablet and the app, the cube showed up in the connection list but no light was coming from the cube. The i3 connected to the app but still showed no movement on screen. In the connection screen it showed a blank space where it would show the cube version and firmware version and if you try to hit the solve reset button it says reset failed. The battery level was now showing 5% but when I placed it in my power pod or the charging cradle it shows as battery full after a couple of minutes.

I have tried doing d20 on the various sides to disable and re-enable Bluetooth but that has no effect. Waiting to hear back from the place it was bought from..

Faulty i3
I have an exact same problem. Gube is showing 5% in App, and in charger it is blinking red for minute or so, and than it is green (so fully charged). There is no light from cube. I also tried disable/enable Bluetooth - no effect.
I bought this cube directly from gancube.com, so there is no one else to contact :(

rastopato

I have an exact same problem. Gube is showing 5% in App, and in charger it is blinking red for minute or so, and than it is green (so fully charged). There is no light from cube. I also tried disable/enable Bluetooth - no effect.
I bought this cube directly from gancube.com, so there is no one else to contact :(
I just got answer from support... and I was planning doing this action anyway :))))

The reason why the battery can't be charged is that the battery's power is less than 5%, but the power is not completely exhausted.
A temporary solution is to completely exhaust the power before charging again. and you could try to let the i3 stand for i3 3-5days until the battery inside is exhausted. And then charging it again.

pppatty

I just got answer from support... and I was planning doing this action anyway :))))

The reason why the battery can't be charged is that the battery's power is less than 5%, but the power is not completely exhausted.
A temporary solution is to completely exhaust the power before charging again. and you could try to let the i3 stand for i3 3-5days until the battery inside is exhausted. And then charging it again.
Hi, dear. Please kindly send an E-mail to mailbox with information below: [email protected].

1 ) Where did you purchased the product?
2 ) Order number
3 ) Order date
4 ) How long have you been using the product for?
5 ) Please describe the problem you've met in detail.
6 ) Some pictures or short videos to show the problem

It would be helpful for us to figure out the problem if you can copy the question list below and answer it in mail. Our team will check and help as long as we can.

AndyH

Dear, thanks for providing.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is old version 1.0 and now we have updated. Please download the latest version from the app store. But it needs to re-register and the original data can not be transferred to the new version.

Hope this can help you. :)
I have downloaded the new version. When I attempt to log in I get several problems. When I try to log in using my email address, the verify code is not sent to my email. When I try to verify using my phone, it says I have an invalid phone number. It says an account has already been created with my email address, so I can't create a new account. I can only log in as a visitor.

Joann Huang

I have downloaded the new version. When I attempt to log in I get several problems. When I try to log in using my email address, the verify code is not sent to my email. When I try to verify using my phone, it says I have an invalid phone number. It says an account has already been created with my email address, so I can't create a new account. I can only log in as a visitor.
Hi Dear, could you PM your email address& phone number to us? We would check it after receiving your message. Hope this help.Thx.

Notes: We recommend using Gmail to register an account.

AndyH

Hi Dear, could you PM your email address& phone number to us? We would check it after receiving your message. Hope this help.Thx.

Notes: We recommend using Gmail to register an account.
I was able to log in after creating a new G-mail account, thanks. Now I have a new problem. When I tried to verify my cube, i get the message "It has been verified by others".

Attachments

• IMG_0369.PNG
    IMG_0369.PNG
    130.7 KB · Views: 4

Joann Huang

I was able to log in after creating a new G-mail account, thanks. Now I have a new problem. When I tried to verify my cube, i get the message "It has been verified by others".
Hi, dear. Please kindly send an e-mail to the mailbox with the information below: [email protected].

1. Two registered emails (Gmail and another one already finish registion)

2. Where your purchase from and your record

It would be helpful for us to figure out the problem if you can copy the question list below and answer it in the mail. Our team will check and help as long as we can.

27th Dec 2021

Dear all Valued Users,

We're receiving a lot of feedback for the Cube Station App and all of it was valued. We're fixed it and uploaded it to the Google Play store at the end of last week.

【Update/Fixed】
  • 1. Fixed Android 11 or above system users download problem;
  • 2. Fixed the network instability during use;
  • 3. Optimize the newly loaded page;
  • 4. Optimize other Network issues;
Some models can receive update notifications from the app store. Please re-download/update the new one from Google Play/ App Store(IOS & Android)/CubeStation Website if didn't receive the notifications.(Note: All data is stored in the cloud. Uninstall /install/update Cube Station APP would delete your data.)

Thanks for your continuous support.Welcome any suggestion and We believe that Cube Station App would be better in our joint efforts.

GANCUBE Service Team

Last edited:

YiG

Hey there, after I had to return my first i3 last month I have bought another one last week. I’m trying to determine if it is one from the first batch or a newer one, could you please tell me what firmware version the new batch is using?

Foreright

Are there any plans to allow solves to be exported from Cubestation? I'm really liking the app (apart from it absolutely CANES the battery on my iPhone!) but this is a big thing that's missing... Of course, a PC based app version would be nice too ;)