• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Hello,
Please I really need help, I keep getting stuck right after update, keep saying Network Request Timeout.
PLS HELP
THANKS
Hello,
Please I really need help, I keep getting stuck right after update, keep saying Network Request Timeout.
PLS HELP
THANKS
@Joann Huang
Hello,
PLS HELP
THANKS
version 3.0.294
Hello,
PLS HELP
THANKS
quintiple post. please refrain from this

give him 24 hours because of time zones

zinzan8

Yes, one yell for help is sufficient.

That said, I don't really think Joann can do anything to help you, except report this to her developers. Unfortunately, the network issues with this app are common, and have been for many months. I don't think there's anything you can do, except try again later.

P.S. Not sure where @themarsh is located, but I believe @Joann Huang is probably in China. So, yeah, you gotta wait until she comes online. It may be several hours.

zinzan8

Follow-up: the constant server and network issues that continue to plague Cubestation is really unfortunate. I can almost tolerate it because I can use alternate web apps with my Gan 356 i2, but I also spent money on a GAN robot, and it's unusable when the app is having connection issues. The robot should really have at the very least a random scramble feature that would work without the app.

And the new Gan timer... jeez, I'll stick with my Speedstacks timer if I have to connect to Cubestation for any advanced features. :-/ Which is sad, because I *know* these things can get fixed.

themarsh

Also, I have tried uninstalling, using different devices,for about a week now. Still not working.

Joann Huang

Also, I have tried uninstalling, using different devices, for about a week now. Still not working.
Hi @themarsh, sorry for my late reply, and thanks for your feedback.
Please provide the following information to help us to fix it.
1.User ID or register email
2.Your Device (e.g. iPhone 12, IOS/Android )
3.App Version: V3.0.294 ?
4. A screenshot of the stuck
I would communicate with the developers once received it.

Ps: Yes, I'm in China.Sorry for the late reply for the time zone.

Last edited:

themarsh

Hi @themarsh, sorry for my late reply, and thanks for your feedback.
Please provide the following information to help us to fix it.
1.User ID or register email
2.Your Device (e.g. iPhone 12, IOS/Android )
3.App Version: V3.0.294 ?
4. A screenshot of the stuck
I would communicate with the developers once received it.

Ps: Yes, I'm in China.Sorry for the late reply for the time zone.
Thanks for your reply, no problem! I understand the time zone difference!
There is no register id, I couldn't even go into the register page.
Device: Iphone 12 pro
App Version: 3.0.294
I cannot get the screenshot right now, though it is just a normal cube station screen with a network request timeout,please try again popup.

Joann Huang

Thanks for your reply, no problem! I understand the time zone difference!
There is no register id, I couldn't even go into the register page.
Device: Iphone 12 pro
App Version: 3.0.294
I cannot get the screenshot right now, though it is just a normal cube station screen with a network request timeout,please try again popup.
Hi,thanks for these infomations and the developers are fixing it. I would update details for you.
Have a nice day.:-D
Joann

HoshiYamazaki

Hiya, thanks for the update!
Though, I have the two bug reports to add.
First - why we got two CubeStation apps in the Google Play Store?
1st: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gan.cube&hl=pl&gl=US
2st: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gan.cubestation&hl=pl&gl=US
I think the com.gan.cube should be overriden by com.gan.cubestation, and the first database should be merged with second.
As I mentioned, it's little confusing and separates overall cubestation base beetwen old players using v1, and new players using v3.
What I mean, update should be forced and there should be no ability to use v1.

Second - I own s10e android phone with OneUI 3.1 (Android 11), and my phone has full-body screen, but it doesn't have a notch.
So, the camera (which is placed at top-right) hides avatar and back button in the cubestation app.
I attached how it looks on my phone, I think on Samsung S10/S20 phones there should be little margin from the left beetwen screen and avatar/back icon, like 64-128 pixels.

Hope you will fix these stuff and wish you nice easter holiday :)
Hoshi

Attachments

• s10e_cubestation.jpg
    s10e_cubestation.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 7

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I have
Though, I have the two bug reports to add.
2st: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gan.cubestation&hl=pl&gl=US
I think the com.gan.cube should be overriden by com.gan.cubestation, and the first database should be merged with second.
As I mentioned, it's little confusing and separates overall cubestation base beetwen old players using v1, and new players using v3.

Second - I own s10e android phone with OneUI 3.1 (Android 11), and my phone has full-body screen, but it doesn't have a notch.
So, the camera (which is placed at top-right) hides avatar and back button in the cubestation app.
I attached how it looks on my phone, I think on Samsung S10/S20 phones there should be little margin from the left beetwen screen and avatar/back icon, like 64-128 pixels.

Hoshi
yeah. I have s10+ and GoCube app had the same problem. They fixed it over the summer so its like this:
WIN_20210327_16_28_26_Pro.jpg
This is how it was before, exept it was covering the orient cube button
WIN_20210327_16_29_59_Pro.jpg

Joann Huang

Though, I have two bug reports to add.
I think the com.gan.cube should be overridden by com.gan.Cubstation, and the first database should be merged with second.

Hoshi
Hello,@HoshiYamazaki &@ SH03L4C3 Thanks for your feedback.
For the first question, We should get the second one. We will remove the old version from Google play later.

We're sorry that We couldn't override or merge the V1 with V3. The two versions created by the different development teams.
But we would forcibly stop the old app and Support part of the data transfer to the new app. Then, the old player would use the new version.

For the second question, we already support our users to adjust the screen area. Please kindly check the picture or video below.
Please let us know if this problem still insists after adjust. We would fix it as soon as possible.
1616901739586.png
1616901785290.png

Thanks again for your feedback.Hope you have a wonderful Easter holiday~
Joann

Last edited:
Hello! I have a problem with verifying my device! I have cube already connected to the app, but when I try to get the event border and click verify it just can't find it. Verify button doesn't work, as well as refresh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210330_211626_com.gan.cubestation.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330_211626_com.gan.cubestation.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210330_211633_com.gan.cubestation.jpg
    Screenshot_20210330_211633_com.gan.cubestation.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 9

Joann Huang

Hi, Promybro Cuber.Thanks for your message. You already verified some device and the little crown at the right of your avatar means verified. We could check it on the Device Certification(click our avatar- Personal page -Device Certification)
The device will not appear on the Verification page if it has already been verified. I am sorry that the verify Reward is only for GAN 356icarry.
1617162771560.png
1617162807793.png
1617162831943.png
Correct me if I misunderstood.
Have a nice day.:-D

povlhp

GAN can you please make the Cube API public ?
The first recipients of the new ICarry can’t use cubeast.
it must be in your interest to see more software support your cubes.