• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

HoshiYamazaki

Hi @povlhp, may I know what is API? Application Programming Interface?

Hey, so basically API is what you wrote, but I want to specify some things:
1. API is way how cube communicates with phone and application, so it describes the way cube send the data, how it's formatted (json? plaintext? some kind of bytedata?), if it's encrypted, and so on.
2. All the previous cubes APIs were not public and authors of timers reverse engineered them.
3. There are few apps with reversed engineered APIs but much enough to consider it's not really hard task todo so.
4. I don't expect any smartcubes protocols to be heavily-encrypted and compressed, they are not work computers or phones ;)

So, if you wanna make cube api public, all what your programmers must do, is open github project and public in it documentation with base example. But as I said I think the cubeast author will reverse it with not very big effort, so I would not depend on your programming team, and maybe GAN company don't wanna make it open-source, and that's really understandable.

Joann Huang

Hey, so basically API is what you wrote, but I want to specify some things:
1. API is way how cube communicates with phone and application, so it describes the way cube send the data, how it's formatted (json? plaintext? some kind of bytedata?), if it's encrypted, and so on.
2. All the previous cubes APIs were not public and authors of timers reverse engineered them.
3. There are few apps with reversed engineered APIs but much enough to consider it's not really hard task todo so.
4. I don't expect any smartcubes protocols to be heavily-encrypted and compressed, they are not work computers or phones ;)

So, if you wanna make cube api public, all what your programmers must do, is open github project and public in it documentation with base example. But as I said I think the cubeast author will reverse it with not very big effort, so I would not depend on your programming team, and maybe GAN company don't wanna make it open-source, and that's really understandable.
Oh, thanks for your explain it to me. But it seems impossible to do make our app open-source at this moment. We would plan to organize more events soon and we would face a lot of problems if make it open-source.
Anyway, Thanks again your explain. I would mark it down and share with developer.
Have a nice day~

HoshiYamazaki

Oh, thanks for your explain it to me. But it seems impossible to do make our app open-source at this moment. We would plan to organize more events soon and we would face a lot of problems if make it open-source.
Anyway, Thanks again your explain. I would mark it down and share with developer.
Have a nice day~

As I said, this is not about making app open-source, but specific part with API or just only API (or writing just documentation about it).
I used word project since every repository on github per se can be considered as some kind of "project" in itself.

But as I said I understand that you can not wanna make the whole app open-source - it's just unneccessary and can lead to multiple exploits and hacks.

Joann Huang

I am confused. My issue was the Network Request Timeout.
we are sorry for the inconvenience and understanding your feelings.And Yes, We know the issue is the Network Request Timeout.But we figure it out that is a bug of coding.We fixed it and applying to re-upload.but the rules of App store are stringent,It would take 2-4days to do it.
Sorry again

themarsh

we are sorry for the inconvenience and understanding your feelings.And Yes, We know the issue is the Network Request Timeout.But we figure it out that is a bug of coding.We fixed it and applying to re-upload.but the rules of App store are stringent,It would take 2-4days to do it.
Sorry again
Oh ok. Thank you so much!

Joann Huang

@Joann Huang Is the app uploaded?
Hi,@themarsh, Thanks for your mail.

Please uninstall the Cube Station you downloaded earlier.
Restart your phone- -Re-download cube station (App Store of Apple/google play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gan.cubestation&gl=BE)--Use WiFi or Data when you using the app(please make sure your internet is stable when you use it)-
-Force quit and close the software if the Network Request Timeout comes out again( at first few times.)

I suggest you make a video (when your use the app again) if you afraid 'the Network Request Timeout will be shown again. Of course, I would keep communicate with the developer.

Sorry again for the inconvince.

P.s
IOS: Please make sure your Bluetooth is opened.
Android: Please make sure your Bluetooth, GPS, and Location are opened.

themarsh

Hi,@themarsh, Thanks for your mail.

Please uninstall the Cube Station you downloaded earlier.
Restart your phone- -Re-download cube station (App Store of Apple/google play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gan.cubestation&gl=BE)--Use WiFi or Data when you using the app(please make sure your internet is stable when you use it)-
-Force quit and close the software if the Network Request Timeout comes out again( at first few times.)

I suggest you make a video (when your use the app again) if you afraid 'the Network Request Timeout will be shown again. Of course, I would keep communicate with the developer.

Sorry again for the inconvince.

P.s
IOS: Please make sure your Bluetooth is opened.
Android: Please make sure your Bluetooth, GPS, and Location are opened.
Hi, @Joann Huang the app still does not work. I have tried force quitting many times after I redownloaded the app, still says the same issue. Thanks.

Last edited:

themarsh

Hi, @Joann Huang I just went to my friends house and the app worked in one try. I believe that when I go back to my house the app will stop working. Am I right? Also, I want the app also to work on my other device back at home.

Joann Huang

O
Hi, @Joann Huang I just went to my friends house and the app worked in one try. I believe that when I go back to my house the app will stop working. Am I right? Also, I want the app also to work on my other device back at home.
Oh,Is it still that phone?
I think it is internet issues or cellphone service if yes for the question

Joann Huang

@Joann Huang Yes, that is the phone still. Our WiFi is pretty good at home and the WiFi works with all other apps. Is there any way you could fix this?
Okay, Already mark it down and the app would update in the next few days. We need to check it works on your phone or not at first and to figure out what causes it.

Last edited:

Joann Huang

The engineers already fix it and please try to open the Cube Station again.

Please contact us if you have any issues with Cube Station / GAN Smart Cube. And provide the following information to help us fix it faster.
1)Date:
2)Video/Screenshot:
3)Problem Description:
4)User ID/Registered email:
5)Your Mobile Device:
6)Your Cube:
7)App Version:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Oliver Pällo

I got the gan i carry a few days ago but it is already broken and i am very disappointed. I was just casually solving when the cube randomly disconnected and does not turn back on. The bluetooth light that flashes when you turn the cube no longer flashes when i start turning. I even took out the battery but it should not be the problem because it should have a lifetime of 280 hours. So the cube just broke after 2 days of normal use. If anybody knows how to fix this please let me know. I have messaged gan but i have no reply from them.