• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

Joann Huang

@Joann Huang Is the app uploaded?
Hi,@themarsh, Thanks for your mail.

Please uninstall the Cube Station you downloaded earlier.
Restart your phone- -Re-download cube station (App Store of Apple/google play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gan.cubestation&gl=BE)--Use WiFi or Data when you using the app(please make sure your internet is stable when you use it)-
-Force quit and close the software if the Network Request Timeout comes out again( at first few times.)

I suggest you make a video (when your use the app again) if you afraid 'the Network Request Timeout will be shown again. Of course, I would keep communicate with the developer.

Sorry again for the inconvince.

P.s
IOS: Please make sure your Bluetooth is opened.
Android: Please make sure your Bluetooth, GPS, and Location are opened.

themarsh

Hi,@themarsh, Thanks for your mail.

Please uninstall the Cube Station you downloaded earlier.
Restart your phone- -Re-download cube station (App Store of Apple/google play:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gan.cubestation&gl=BE)--Use WiFi or Data when you using the app(please make sure your internet is stable when you use it)-
-Force quit and close the software if the Network Request Timeout comes out again( at first few times.)

I suggest you make a video (when your use the app again) if you afraid 'the Network Request Timeout will be shown again. Of course, I would keep communicate with the developer.

Sorry again for the inconvince.

P.s
IOS: Please make sure your Bluetooth is opened.
Android: Please make sure your Bluetooth, GPS, and Location are opened.
Hi, @Joann Huang the app still does not work. I have tried force quitting many times after I redownloaded the app, still says the same issue. Thanks.

Last edited:

themarsh

Hi, @Joann Huang I just went to my friends house and the app worked in one try. I believe that when I go back to my house the app will stop working. Am I right? Also, I want the app also to work on my other device back at home.

Joann Huang

O
Hi, @Joann Huang I just went to my friends house and the app worked in one try. I believe that when I go back to my house the app will stop working. Am I right? Also, I want the app also to work on my other device back at home.
Oh,Is it still that phone?
I think it is internet issues or cellphone service if yes for the question

Joann Huang

@Joann Huang Yes, that is the phone still. Our WiFi is pretty good at home and the WiFi works with all other apps. Is there any way you could fix this?
Okay, Already mark it down and the app would update in the next few days. We need to check it works on your phone or not at first and to figure out what causes it.

Last edited:

Joann Huang

The engineers already fix it and please try to open the Cube Station again.

Please contact us if you have any issues with Cube Station / GAN Smart Cube. And provide the following information to help us fix it faster.
1)Date:
2)Video/Screenshot:
3)Problem Description:
4)User ID/Registered email:
5)Your Mobile Device:
6)Your Cube:
7)App Version:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

oliverpallo

I got the gan i carry a few days ago but it is already broken and i am very disappointed. I was just casually solving when the cube randomly disconnected and does not turn back on. The bluetooth light that flashes when you turn the cube no longer flashes when i start turning. I even took out the battery but it should not be the problem because it should have a lifetime of 280 hours. So the cube just broke after 2 days of normal use. If anybody knows how to fix this please let me know. I have messaged gan but i have no reply from them.

Joann Huang

@Joann Huang ?

Worst case, try for a refund maybe if you can’t fix it
Thanks a lot.Have a lovely day~:)@PetrusQuber

i messaged them about it but i have no reply. a refund or a replacement core would work.
Hi, this is Joann from GANcube.
Could you provide the following information to help me understand this issue?

1)Video/picture of this issue(video would be better)
2)Order ID and purchase Channel:

You could PM me if you do not wanna answer it in the public area.

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Joann

Last edited:

TreyH

Does the new 3.0 version of Cube Station still have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times?

I’m ~30s and on the old app I got matched with players I was competitive with. It seemed to adjust—when I first got the GAN i cube, my times were closer to ~55s, and as I improved, my matches improved.

But in the new app, I can’t figure out how to get anything but random players—who might be <15s or might be >60s. (I actually have only once, out of six or seven tries, been matched with someone competitive.)

It makes multiplayer much less fun—if I’m winning I’m waiting a lot, if I’m losing I feel bad for making the other player wait a lot (and it’s not fun to lose badly 5-0).

Since the interface is so different, and so much is in Chinese, I hope that I may just be missing the place I need to tap to get matched competitively...

Last edited:

Joann Huang

Does the new 3.0 version of Cube Station still have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times?

I’m ~30s and on the old app I got matched with players I was competitive with. It seemed to adjust—when I first got the GAN i cube, my times were closer to ~55s, and as I improved, my matches improved.

But in the new app, I can’t figure out how to get anything but random players—who might be <15s or might be >60s. (I actually have only once, out of six or seven tries, been matched with someone competitive.)

It makes multiplayer much less fun—if I’m winning I’m waiting a lot, if I’m losing I feel bad for making the other player wait a lot (and it’s not fun to lose badly 5-0).

Since the interface is so different, and so much is in Chinese, I hope that I may just be missing the place I need to tap to get matched competitively...
Hi @TreyH, Thanks for your message. Yes, it does not have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times at this moment.
We could set up the Player(how many players in the match), enter (user's solve time<300s) ,Round(how many rounds in this match), and DNF( After how many seconds will DNF be displayed when someone solved)
1619494952072.png

We would release a competition on the cube station in May and it would have the ability to match online multiplayer with players with similar solve times. Stay tuned~

Could you provide some pictures/screenshots of the Chinese? We would fix it as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Joann

branson_lau

my gan 356i cannot work normally, it misaligns every time I solve. I realize it is because my yellow face cannot turn properly, every other face is perfectly fine. The yellow face sometimes detects a 90 degree turn when I turn it 180 degrees. I removed the yellow face cube cover, got the nuts out and put them back in but it failed. what can I do?

Joann Huang

my gan 356i cannot work normally, it misaligns every time I solve. I realize it is because my yellow face cannot turn properly, every other face is perfectly fine. The yellow face sometimes detects a 90 degree turn when I turn it 180 degrees. I removed the yellow face cube cover, got the nuts out, and put them back in but it failed. what can I do?
Hi,@branson_lau
Could you provide the following information to help us fix it faster?
1)Date:
2)Video/Screenshot:
3)Purchase Channel & Order ID:
4)Your Cube: GAN 356i/i2?
5)Have you disassembled the cube or not?

Thanks in advance.