• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

GRVigo

The exact same thing happened to me as well (red center cap too!)
I just ordered a new cube :/

I wrote to Gancube Shop service ([email protected]) and with the VIP card that comes in the cube shipping box they will send me the needed spare parts for free. I only have to pay 10$ as shipping fee. If I had bought the cube at the Gan store they would not even have charged me for the shipping fee.

I also wrote to the spanish on-line store where I bought the cube (Kubekings) and they told me that the cube can't be fixed, a very disappointing answer!

I disassembled the core, and change the plastic shaft is an easy operation.
Gan core_.jpg

Feliksfan18

I’m sorry I feel sad now but it’s cool to see a inside of a gan356i idk if you saw cube heads video of solving the gan356i with only the centers land it destroyed like you showed in one of your pictures

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
@GRVigo Glad you were able to get replacement parts; I didn’t realize the VIP cards actually served a purpose.

@Feliksfan18 welxome to the forums. Just an FYI it is preferred that you use the “Edit” feature to add to your posts instead of creating multiple short posts in a row. Some people will roast you for double or “triple posting.”

Back on topic...

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I wrote to Gancube Shop service ([email protected]) and with the VIP card that comes in the cube shipping box they will send me the needed spare parts for free. I only have to pay 10$ as shipping fee. If I had bought the cube at the Gan store they would not even have charged me for the shipping fee.

I also wrote to the spanish on-line store where I bought the cube (Kubekings) and they told me that the cube can't be fixed, a very disappointing answer!

I disassembled the core, and change the plastic shaft is an easy operation.
View attachment 14579
As a tech nerd, this looks awesome

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, so in the middle of a session my cube disconnected from the app. I have since charged it overnight several times, but no matter how much I shake the cube or do U U’ it won’t connect. I have checked my Bluetooth, reset the app, but it hasn’t worked for weeks now. Any ideas? Any help @Olivertam

rubik2005

Ok, so in the middle of a session my cube disconnected from the app. I have since charged it overnight several times, but no matter how much I shake the cube or do U U’ it won’t connect. I have checked my Bluetooth, reset the app, but it hasn’t worked for weeks now. Any ideas? Any help @Olivertam
Do you have location turned off? I think you need ON if it's an Android.

rubik2005

Woah! I didn’t change anything in settings, but it is working all of the sudden now after being useless for weeks. I don’t think it was the location issue @rubik2005 , but I’ll give you all the credit anyway!
That's good to hear! The software there is a little weird. I can only use the v1 app, but I didn't use the v2 that much anyway.

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know the answer to your question, but the v1 app is vertial while the v2 is horizontal
v1:
View attachment 14715

v2:
View attachment 14716

So I tried getting that second app, and I couldn’t use it as an American, it seems to be fully in Chinese and even my phone number had to have a Chinese extension - could someone from the US even use the i2?