• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

Joann Huang

1. Europe
2. 1.4.4
3. Huawei Mate 20 lite
4. I don't know
5. Gan 356i (first version)
Hi Minx,
thanks for your patience.

Version 1.4.4 is the old version. Please download the version and some bug have been fixed.
You could download the new version on the cube station official website: https://cubestation.com/

1.download the new version and create an account.
2.could find the user name and click it, get into the personal homepage
3.the Account ID is beside the user name

Please feel free to let me know If this problem still exists.

Many thanks,
Joann
qq_pic_merged_1602047937649.jpgqq_pic_merged_1602047946726.jpg

Attachments

• qq_pic_merged_1602047946726.jpg
    qq_pic_merged_1602047946726.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 3

xpeter

I cannot download Android cubestation apk from cubestation.com. The download speed is very slow. Do you have any mirror sites to download?

zinzan8

I would like to try using a chrome web app on my PC, but I am having difficulty pairing my cube with my PC browser. Is the device in pairing mode when I activate by turning the white face back and forth? Is there someone that can help me? Not sure if it's a browser issue, Windows 10 issue, or cube issue.

I do not have any problems pairing with the Cube Station app.

zinzan8

I would like to try using a chrome web app on my PC, but I am having difficulty pairing my cube with my PC browser. Is the device in pairing mode when I activate by turning the white face back and forth? Is there someone that can help me? Not sure if it's a browser issue, Windows 10 issue, or cube issue.

Figured it out. My motherboard (ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E) does support BLE, but I did not have my external antenna plugged in. I was under the impression the antenna was solely for wifi, and I'm hard-wired to the internet, so wasn't using it.

HoshiYamazaki

Sorry for asking maybe an bit stupid question, but how do you launched cubestation app using chrome? Thanks in advance :)

RadicalRick

Got it , and thanks for your patience.
We have launched the new version recently-2.3.124.Already Fixed some bugs and add more new functions.
Maybe you could try to download the new version,creat a new account. Could you post a picture of this situation If this still exist. It would be a great help for me to solve this problem.

ps:No.4 means your account ID of the cube station.

Have a nice day.
Joann
When it's asking for a password for pairing just tap either 0000 or 1234 and you might have to do it a few times. I have over 20 devices paired up. I have 4 Gan356i and a GoCube as well. Type in the password then switch over to Cube Station and tap connect.

So I recently got the Gan 365i 2 and it work for ten mines and it connected. I put it in the charger for about two hours and it got fully charged. I whent to try to connect it back to the app the cube does not show up. Then I hit in the app no cube found and I get this but nothing happen. Is there a way to fix this or reset the cube? Btw my Bluetooth is on. I love the cube for the ten minutes I had with it and really what to fix it.
1B71AAD6-6B16-4564-BE36-CE6B62F84967.jpeg

SnowyDay

I don't have the 356i but have battled general bluetooth glitchiness. Bluetooth is not the most stable IME.

To start, you can try turning off your phone completely. You can try a different phone also. You can also try to reload the Gan app.

zinzan8

Your picture doesn’t look like my app, so I assume you are not on an iphone?

I’d try to test that your cube’s bluetooth is working. Before connecting, are you turning the white face back and forth, and you see lights come on inside your cube?

Try connecting to it via a web app (cubeast or cstimer). If that works, then I guess it’s an app issue on your device?

That’s all I got.

Ok, The Image from my first post pops up when I do the back-and-forth turning. Next, the light do not flash be for connecting. Also the images popped up on an iPad and iPhone. And I tried CS timer and it didn’t work. But thanks for the idea. So if it’s a problem with my cube not the app then would I do? Also, I love this Community it is very nice and has been helping me fix this.

Last edited:

zinzan8

Ok, The Image from my first post pops up when I do the back-and-forth turning. Next, the light do not flash be for connecting. Also the images popped up on an iPad and iPhone. And I tried CS timer and it didn’t work. But thanks for the idea. So if it’s a problem with my cube not the app then would I do? Also, I love this Community it is very nice and has been helping me fix this.

I guess I’d return/exchange it?

Bruno Rosa

hi from Italy...

I disassembled the cube without touching the centers to clean.... but when it was reassembled the white charging lights do not turn on and the cube is not recognized. what could have happened ?

mars28

I must admit that the last, frequent updates irritate me a bit, because I often encounter the situation that as soon as I have 20 minutes of time to play with the cube, 10 minutes of which is waiting for the app update. Would it be possible to run the app offline, for example only for training purposes? So if I just want to practice OLL or PLL, I don't need the latest version, and if I want my cube results to be saved, then I'm forced to update the app.

And another suggestion. Could an option to edit the default training algorithms be introduced? Not everyone uses the same for individual cases. I know it is possible to add your own, but there is a limit of 20 for one group. So in order to have, for example, your own full OLL algorithm package, you need to create several groups, additionally duplicating certain algorithms. This causes unnecessary mess in the application. It would be nice to have all the F2L, OLL and PLL own algorithms grouped together, each in one separate group.

zinzan8

@mars28, good suggestions. The updates are really a pain, and are very slow--why can't they just be typical iOS app updates, to be done when the user wants to do them? And why are they so slow? Because it's bypassing Apple, and going straight to slow servers in China?

Beyond that, why do we have to check server version every time, and why does it hang so often?

For the robot, I would really like a way to enter my own scrambles.

And I still have the issue where if I delete a bad timing, it still shows on the overview graph. I reported this several weeks ago, and it still exists.

GRVigo

HelIo. I've owned a Gan 356 i cube over a year, and in this time I've used it a lot: I have recorded about 5000 resolutions, apart from what I've used to practice algorithms.
But this morning my heart is broken: the plastic shaft that supports the red center has been broken (see the picture).
Every time I disassembled the cube to clean it I have been very careful, because these shafts have always seemed a little weak, although until now they had performed well.
Today I sent an email to Gan's customer service to see what options I have to fix it.

Has anything like this happened to any of you? How did you solve it? What options do I have to fix my cube? Is Gan's customer service good?

Thank you for your attention.

Broken shaft + core.jpg