• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

Vim

Next they’ll ask for you to solve it without having looked at it (because if you look at it before solving it’s cheating)

JackJack13

I would say to people of they could make the cube so I couldn't solve it they can keep it....... People got pissed when I said no corner twist or taking apart the puzzle

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Ernest Fowler

WCA
2016FOWL01
"Ayo SpeedLord, can you get some cube action going?" (they want me to scramble the cube and solve it)

*hands me a scrambled cube* "Okay, do it blind. 321 GO"
Woah there buddy i need to memorize it first
"Too bad, do it right now"

"This man's got some hacks"

"What's the algorithm?"
which one

*I hand a noncuber a 3-move scramble*
*they solve it*
noncuber: GASP "I DID ITTTT"

and they do that single move solve thing and think its funny, like no every noncuber says that, you're not original

*hands me scrambled cube* "You got 3 seconds! readysetGO"

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Because then they ask me to solve it without looking and I can't do that (yet)

I am a champ at looking under a blindfold without anyone knowing(yes I have done this multiple times when people asked me to show them)
I don't have a blindfold, so it's hard to find a substitute that I won't look under, since I haven't gotten into BLD...
yet.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I don't have a blindfold, so it's hard to find a substitute that I won't look under, since I haven't gotten into BLD...
yet.

Use your eyelids. If you peek under those, you have a big problem

This message sponsored by MakeEtotheipiFamous, inc.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I'm just curious. Does anyone else feel like they've been asked 5+ times by a non cuber what they're looking for in inspection? Because I definitely have. It's probably the most commonly asked question by a non cuber to me.
I've been told that I don't need inspection, but no non-cubers assume that inspection is, like, an actual thing.

DerpBoiMoon

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm just curious. Does anyone else feel like they've been asked 5+ times by a non cuber what they're looking for in inspection? Because I definitely have. It's probably the most commonly asked question by a non cuber to me.
non cubers dont talk to me...

i wish they talked to me ngl