• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Non-Cubers say the darndest things!

Non-cuber friend: picks up my skewb and turns it. "Ow my brain hurts" says non cuber a nd puts skewb back down. Same person also made an hour long attempt at pyraminx but had to go home lol.

This happened like a month ago. I had switched from CFOP to Roux like a week ago, so obviously my average rose because I had less practice, and my mom's lsays ooks like the new method isn't going to well. And im like wow mom, i started a week ago.

3141 Rubik's Cube Avenue, Somewhere on Earth
WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
WhoCube
2 stories:
1. I was in church and I was talking about my recent OH PB (35.33 seconds- I did FMC on it later and got 35 moves, which is my PB and good considering in the FMC I used full CFOP) My pastor was like One Handed? In 35 freaking seconds!
2. I was at home and telling my dad about my recent PB on the GAN X (got the PB 3 days ago, got the cube 5 days ago, told my dad about the PB
3 days ago, 3rd PB on the GAN X btw) Anyway, I said it was 14.18 seconds and that it was my first sub-15 solve ever, and he was like 14 Seconds! That's frickin' fast!

I guess non-cubers use the word "freaking" a lot to describe that... type... of thing.
Bye! :)

Earlier i was in the pool of the hotel im in, and there was this other kid. I asked him if he ever messed with a rubiks cube and he said he had two. I was kinda excited that i had met another cuber. Then he said its pretty easy, all you have to do is turn the sides randomly. Then i was sad

We had a cubing comp at school, and the teachers didn't even know what they were doing. They didn't trust us to scrambles the cubes ourselves so they took turns scrambling the cubes for like 100 moves. Then they made us solve them in front of the entire year and while STANDING UP. We couldn't even sit down a solve it. And they didn't get stackmat timers or something they used stopwatches and timed us themselves. They also only gave us one try only to solve the cubes which is really unfair because one of us could get lucky and win. But worst of all, to start the solve, they said ''3, 2, 1, Rubik!'' replacing the word ''go'' with ''rubik''. I bet the audience found that funny, but us cubers found it extremely cringy.

Some kid came up to me while I was cubing and he was like " yOU Can cuBE!!!????? I cAN SOlve a 4 CUBe." So I gave him one and let him play with it for a while. Then he gave it back to me and said "YOur cheATing!!!"

Non-cuber "Can I see that?"Turns it for a bit. Me "By the way, don't mess up that cube, its one of my good magnetic ones." Non-cuber "You mean that there are non-magnetic ones???!!! How the heck do the little cubes stick together without the magnets?" Me "..."