• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Events for the Weekly Competition Website for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll +1 for 4x4 FMC. Have no experience with the event but would be curious to try once in a while and would like to see how solutions might develop. What might the time limit be for this?

ichcubegerne

WCA
2013BOTZ01
I just wanna mention that we all should keep in mind that the weekly comp is supposed to be something you can easily completely do in a week! If I was able to do 4-7BLD in a reasonable amount of time it would cost me at least a full day to do all events and that is just too much. While I get that 7BLD and 6BLD are not removed (Since Mike is putting so much work into this and it is by far the greatest online comp thats just fair) it would be really annoying to add events that cost a lot of time, like 4x4 FMC or another difficult BLD event that will only be done by like 5 people every week. I for example consider myself rather fast and doing all events besides MBF and 4-7BLD already costs me like 6 hours tbh

+1 for Speed FMC
+1 Mirror Blocks
from me

But I would also really like at least the 2-6 relay to be gone and maybe even 2-5 and 2-7 since, how mentioned before, they are really just coming down to who is best at the biggest cube and doesnt mess up the others too much and thats not adding any variety.

Also I am strongly opposing the removal of feet. Just because the WCA makes a dumb decision I dont think that this should influence the weekly comp.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I just wanna mention that we all should keep in mind that the weekly comp is supposed to be something you can easily completely do in a week!
Is it though? I’ve only come close to competing in all the events I can do a couple of times. I don’t consider that my participation is of lesser quality when I don’t have time to do them all. And different people have different amounts of time to devote to it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.