• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Negative Time Solving Contest 2010

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
Continuing with what has now become a tradition, I'm once again organizing the annual Negative Time Solving Contest. The scrambles for this year and the time submission form have already been posted.

DST (Daylight Saving Time) ends at 3am on Sunday, October 31 in many European countries. In most parts of the United States and Canada, DST ends at 2am on Sunday, November 7. See Time and Date.com to check the clock change schedule in your area. Results from Europe will NOT be posted until the results from North America come in a week later.

Please note that each solve started (not just start the timer but actually make a move) before daylight saving ends and completed after it ends counts as a negative solve. This means that you can simultaneously compete in 3x3 speedsolve, 3x3 BLD, multiBLD, etc, at the cost of some extra time in your negative solve.

Once again, thanks to Tyson Mao for bringing this great Caltech tradition to cubing. Good luck to all participants!

Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wanna see Mike Hughey do a negative Square-1 multi. :p

I was actually thinking, I really would rather do a square-1 multi that night (I like to do one each Saturday night), but I have a tradition of trying normal multis in negative time, so I felt sort of obligated to go for ordinary 3x3x3s instead. Should I treat your request as permission to go ahead and do a square-1 multi instead?

The only catch is that I'll have to make it smaller than my usual attempt, since I can't get through 10 square-1s in negative time. 6 or 7, or maybe even 5 if I want to play it safe.

tim

WCA
2007HABE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was actually thinking, I really would rather do a square-1 multi that night (I like to do one each Saturday night), but I have a tradition of trying normal multis in negative time, so I felt sort of obligated to go for ordinary 3x3x3s instead. Should I treat your request as permission to go ahead and do a square-1 multi instead?

I'll do normal multi, so you could just join me and give me some competition :p.

@James: The results are here: http://cubefreak.net/other/negative/past.html#09

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I took a survey at the competition today, and most people seemed to agree that I should do 4x4x4 multi to compete with Chris. So I guess that's what I'll do. Not long now until it starts!

Oh gosh lol. This will be my first ever actual competition against another person in a multi event then *wipes sweat off forehead* Good luck Mike!

Chris

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh gosh lol. This will be my first ever actual competition against another person in a multi event then *wipes sweat off forehead* Good luck Mike!

Chris

Good luck to you too - I hope we both get 100% success!

And Micael, assuming you stay awake, good luck to you too. Give Tim some competition.