• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Negative Time Solving Contest 2017

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's the 14th year of the annual Negative Time Solving Contest!

DST (Daylight Saving Time) ends in most parts of the United States and Canada at 2am on Sunday, November 5. See negative-time.cubing.net for more information. I know a lot of cubers these days talk on Facebook, so feel free to invite them to the Facebook event if you'd like.

Note that each solve started (not just start the timer, but actually make a move) before daylight saving ends and completed after it ends counts as a negative solve. This means that you can simultaneously compete in 3x3x3 speedsolve, 3x3x3 BLD, multi BLD, etc, at the cost of some extra time in your negative solve.

This will be my 11th year doing 3x3x3 speedsolve, which means that I will finally get enough counting solves for an average of 12.

But if you've never done it yet, now's the time to try! After all, your result is almost guaranteed to be an hour faster than your previous record.