• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So... The cold truth has hit me hard in the face. I need to revamp my F2L algs. I originally learnt from Lars site, which are more for efficiency than for speed. Obviously, some algs are still viable, and sone are even the same, but I don’t really know anymore. If anyone could go through the ‘Step 4b tricks’ section, and point out to me algs that need to be changed, I will really appreciate it. Even better if you could provide the best alg for it (lot of choices online). Quick notes, I use R U R’ U’ 3 times for D1, I just take out the pair and solve for D3&4

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know it's for ZZ, but just ignore the FL and BL pages, otherwise you're good to go.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmm, that is my ultimate goal, actually, but I’m being really lazy with my filming. I promise to get out at least two parts of the tutorial by the end of the week.
Just proves my YouTubing laziness. I did do a collection video though.

Anyway, this week, I’ll keep focusing on expansion, F2L and LL - I’ll time my splits today to see where I’m up to.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
Getting closer to that sub-8! I still have just over a thousand solves in my session lol
I could ask this on any thread, but does @fun at the joy always purposely boost @ProStar's reaction score? He joined the forums a day after me, but his reaction score is pretty much 15 times higher than mine.

EDIT: Then again, he also has 2.5 times more messages, so...

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I could ask this on any thread, but does @fun at the joy always purposely boost @ProStar's reaction score? He joined the forums a day after me, but his reaction score is pretty much 15 times higher than mine.

EDIT: Then again, he also has 2.5 times more messages, so...
Are you wanting some reactolutionists? if you reactolution me I will reactolution you too.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel