• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Not me. Oh well. I’m not a stalker lolol. For those wondering about the new vid, the original is bad quality, so I redid it, and it’s better now (new vid)

Wait, which new vid? The Ao5? Also for AoXs you could edit out the scrambling if you wanted

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
The Ao5. How would I edit out the scrambling? (I’m a noob, total noob). I gotta go to bed now.

Just send it to your computer. Then if you have a Mac you can use iMovie and for Windows I'm not sure, but I think it comes with an editing program.

Not yet you're not going to bed. I have an essay to write today and look where I am.

Anyway, what kind of phone do you have?

He has an iPhone 6s

brododragon

Just send it to your computer. Then if you have a Mac you can use iMovie and for Windows I'm not sure, but I think it comes with an editing program.

He has an iPhone 6s
I have 6s too. Best iPhone imo.

More on-topic:
You can just download iMovie on iPhone. If it's not good enough, there's a pretty good mobile free editor. It's called Filmmaker Pro.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
From watching your solves (and splits), the 2 places you can easily make improvement are your expansion and your RB. You should be able to easily shave off 2 seconds for both of them. Your movecount for expansion seems fine, it's just a matter of seeing more pieces in inspection and lookahead during 2x2x2. For your RB, I wouldn't recommend solving DR before everything else. It's definitely better to go straight into blocks. Because it's 2gen, ergonomics are almost always gonna be good anyway, and overturning isn't a major issue. Otherwise keep it up! I remember when you were barely sub 30, but now you're sub 17. At this rate, you're gonna be sub 8 in no time! Just make sure to keep on chipping away at ZBLL while you work on everything else.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks! Yeah I’m working on trying to predict where some 2x2x3 pieces will end up right now. I don’t place the DR edge by the way :). I will work on the RB too.

Edit:I‘m being kind of lazy with ZBLL, but I still do learn new algs occasionally

Last edited: