• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Will I get to Sub 8 with Petrus?

• Yes

Votes: 149 80.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 19.9%

• Total voters

mukerflap

Bro if u dont wanna learn whole of zbll try doing Petrus-Blah its where b4 u insert the last pair you deorient all the corners so you only get Pi or H zbll which is easy recognition. Look into zz last layer varients beacuse petrus and zz end up in the same spot there

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Bro if u dont wanna learn whole of zbll try doing Petrus-Blah its where b4 u insert the last pair you deorient all the corners so you only get Pi or H zbll which is easy recognition. Look into zz last layer varients beacuse petrus and zz end up in the same spot there
Thanks! I will be looking into that. But I think I’m going to do full ZBLL anyway. How easy is it to force Pi/H?

Last edited:

mukerflap

Thanks! I will looking into that. But I think I’m going to do full ZBLL anyway. How easy is it to force Pi/H?
U dont lose anything by doing petrus blah you learn zbll anyway. the deorientation algs are like 20 and easy af but theres no good list of them

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
IMO, doing any restriction of sets isn't worthwhile. The most worthwhile would be to force 2 corners orientated, as that's super easy too, but even then, just learn the algs and add them in over time. It's less effort and you can use it to force yourself to look for CO during last slot.

Deadloxz

Ahaha @Deadloxz, I just got an 18 seconds ao5 :). Looks like that sub 20 ao100’s coming soon ;)

PS I practise quite a lot, at least one hour at my desk a day, doing a mix of slow solving and stackmat solves.
I got a 19.98 ao100. I still globally average 20.5 but improving so much. Although, I have not gotten much practice recently because of school and sports. Also, do you think you will ever finish all of the ZBLLS?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I got a 19.98 ao100. I still globally average 20.5 but improving so much. Although, I have not gotten much practice recently because of school and sports. Also, do you think you will ever finish all of the ZBLLS?
Nice! Although I haven’t started yet, I’m sure I will, if I’m dedicated. On previous occasions, I have learnt around 4 algorithms in a single day, so if I keep going like that, I can finish in around 120 days. But I’m not sure if I’m going to learn S or AS, as I have heard it is the worst case for ZBLL.

Deadloxz

Nice! Although I haven’t started yet, I’m sure I will, if I’m dedicated. On previous occasions, I have learnt around 4 algorithms in a single day, so if I keep going like that, I can finish in around 120 days. But I’m not sure if I’m going to learn S or AS, as I have heard it is the worst case for ZBLL.
I believe you can do it. If you learn ZBLL in 120 days that would be awesome and very fast!

Hazel

Premium Member
Ok, quick update, sub 21 now, going to start learning T ZBLL set, competition in 4 days :). Only 13 seconds until sub 8 haha. I originally said 20 in the first post.
If I have any advice, take your time while learning your first ZBLL set. After you finish T and become comfortable with it, then you can learn other sets much faster. This way, you have the practice learning T, so you really know what you're doing by the time you start another.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
If I have any advice, take your time while learning your first ZBLL set. After you finish T and become comfortable with it, then you can learn other sets much faster. This way, you have the practice learning T, so you really know what you're doing by the time you start another.
Just curious, why did you learn Pi ZBLL first?
I'm thinking about learning all of Pi first because the COLL recognition is one of the easiest since you can instantly tell just from looking at the top.

mukerflap

isnt zbll h the best cuz only 40 algs and easiest recog

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
My first two T ZBLL algs start with a Sune, then a variant of Anti-Sune. Not complaining. I can sub 2 them easily now. ;)

Edit: And the third one’s a variant of Sune and an Anti-Sune lol. Unfortunately, the list stops there, so no more easy algorithms.

Last edited:

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Still a long way to go before I decide anyway, two ZBLL sets will take some time (72 algorithms)
Might also learn ZBLL at some point closer to the end of this year. Quite a few cubers use ZB - such as Anthony Brooks, you may want to check out his channel on tips for memo of such a large alg set. Good luck.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Might also learn ZBLL at some point closer to the end of this year. Quite a few cubers use ZB - such as Anthony Brooks, you may want to check out his channel on tips for memo of such a large alg set. Good luck.
Yeah, I’m using his alg sheet, it’s up on my wall because I don’t want to keep checking my iPad or note down all those algs... It doesn’t have AS and S though, are they really that bad?

Edit: Realised there was a typo in the post you replied to lol, it’s 144 algorithms for two sets.

Hazel

Premium Member
Just curious, why did you learn Pi ZBLL first?
I'm thinking about learning all of Pi first because the COLL recognition is one of the easiest since you can instantly tell just from looking at the top.
Pi is one of the sets that I knew nothing about besides COLL, so I thought it would be the most fun :) and it was fun!