• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

| My personal progress thread | Coming back after a long time |

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok so I was looking back at my 5 Mehta users 1 scramble video where I had a crappy 60 move solution with an N perm(I actually had gotten a 13.68 with that lol).

anyway here's what I would do for that scramble today:

D2 F2 U2 F2 U' R2 D' B2 F2 L2 B' U R' B' U2 R' F L B' F' R'
x2 y2
R B' R2 L U L u2 R'
U R F' U F R'
U2 R' U R U2 R' U R' U2 R2
u' F R2 U' R2 U' R2 U R2 F'
M2 U M' U2 M U M2
41 STM

which is 20 moves more efficient than what I did there

btw I got the last 36 L cases down over the last 3 days(which means I now know full TUL ZBLL(216 algs) yay!!)
My recall is pretty good but my executions are bad. I'll review and drill the algs on a physical cube over the next 2-3 months and hopefully make them useful in my solves.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm gonna confess: I've been lazy in planning FB/FB+1. Most of the time, I would plan a square and wing it.

BUT, today I forced myself to plan full FB/FB+1 in inspection.
Still didn't yield any major results though but the minor results that I'm getting are actually pretty good.

Trying to do more and more deliberate practice instead of spamming solves since I don't have that much time anymore.

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's Jan 1 2022, 6:10 AM IST at the time of writing this

Here's a short summary of the year:
Overall, 2021 has been a very cool year.
I switched to Mehta on Jan 14 and haven't looked back ever since.
I got down from 45s to nearly sub 16 within a year with a pretty uncommon method which to me is a pretty cool accomplishment.
I got back into OH and went from 90s to low 30s.
I know full CLL and am close to sub 3 2x2 which is pretty cool.

So, 2021 was pretty fun, let's hope 2022 will be the same. Happy New Year to all!!

YouTube
Visit Channel
uhh this post may be a bit of a bummer but....
I've decided to switch to APB.
After @Athefre's post about the RBLL systems, I was divided between APB and Mehta.
APB to me seems a lot more better than Mehta and I feel like I can use a lot more ZBLL without learning 350 algs for TDR. I'll start learning LXS first and hopefully, I should be able to get back to and beat Mehta times in about half a year.

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
uhh this post may be a bit of a bummer but....
I've decided to switch to APB.
After @Athefre's post about the RBLL systems, I was divided between APB and Mehta.
APB to me seems a lot more better than Mehta and I feel like I can use a lot more ZBLL without learning 350 algs for TDR. I'll start learning LXS first and hopefully, I should be able to get back to and beat Mehta times in about half a year.
Have fun!

YouTube
Visit Channel
Day 0 and 1 of APB(yesterday was day 0):
I learnt the LXS cases where the DFR corner is solved and the cases which have the DR edge solved(AKA TDRs).
I'm pretty sure I know over 60/116 LXS cases(30 of them are basically F2L cases)
Will learn the solved EOPair cases tomorrow.
Also I'm probably getting my first jab tomorrow so I'm excited for that.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Day 0 and 1 of APB(yesterday was day 0):
I learnt the LXS cases where the DFR corner is solved and the cases which have the DR edge solved(AKA TDRs).
I'm pretty sure I know over 60/116 LXS cases(30 of them are basically F2L cases)
Will learn the solved EOPair cases tomorrow.
Also I'm probably getting my first jab tomorrow so I'm excited for that.
APB method sounds exciting.

All the best for your first jab. Good work. Everyone else take your vaccines.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's Jan 1 2022, 6:10 AM IST at the time of writing this

Here's a short summary of the year:
Overall, 2021 has been a very cool year.
I switched to Mehta on Jan 14 and haven't looked back ever since.
I got down from 45s to nearly sub 16 within a year with a pretty uncommon method which to me is a pretty cool accomplishment.
I got back into OH and went from 90s to low 30s.
I know full CLL and am close to sub 3 2x2 which is pretty cool.

So, 2021 was pretty fun, let's hope 2022 will be the same. Happy New Year to all!!
Happy new year. I am sad that comps in India have been cancelled and we have to wait for the recently started 3rd wave to finish.