• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Method proposal week 1: Pikas**t

Cool Frog

The movecount is rather low and the recognition is mostly just petrus. The weirdest step is LSE, but that recognition isn't THAT bad. I am not very surprised by the successful times by Ranzha.

I might be able to post an average of 5 if you want, but it might be some time before I am able to post it (I am moving out of my current house and travel and college)

Playing around with the method delivers some interesting alternatives to LSE.

Last edited:

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't find a decent tutorial anywhere for this method. Just the LSE is all I need
Essentially, you use a load of 3-cycles to solve the LSE as there isn't a nice intuitive way to solve them like Roux LSE. I'll be surprised if you can find a tutorial as this method never caught on and is not really as good as Roux/CFOP/ZZ because it has a variable last step that can't be done intuitively.
holy crap this thread is old

It's not that old... Some of the threads bumped are from 2009...

Though I agree that threads older than a year shouldn't really be bumped.

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I may switch to this method(probably only for OH)
because:
-I use petrus for OH right now
-I always get help up on the EO and the LL algs. (C+OP is actually REALLLY fast once you get used to it-- I solve the pair while tracking the one corner)
-I can execute OH LSE faster than any LL alg

what do you think?

wir3sandfir3s

I may switch to this method(probably only for OH)
because:
-I use petrus for OH right now
-I always get help up on the EO and the LL algs. (C+OP is actually REALLLY fast once you get used to it-- I solve the pair while tracking the one corner)
-I can execute OH LSE faster than any LL alg

what do you think?
You forgot about M/S moves. Try and execut them with one hand.
If your want a reliable method that you want to use for both 2H and OH, just switch to ZZ. Seriously. (Not saying this one is bad)

Shiv3r

WCA
2016LEWI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH+T, IMO that shouldn't be allowed, mainly because it looks terrible. The same applies to banging the cube on the table to get it aligned.
I don't think something looking terrible is a good enough reason to not allow it :p
the rules specifically state that the only things the cube is allowed to touch are one hand and the table.
(pretty much however a one-armed person would go around it the fastest)