• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Megaminx Discussion and Help

big_moe5

What websites and/or videos have CO algs for megaminx?
I wanna me faster at megaminx

big_moe5

Can someone give me a link to a video or website with Algs for CP for megaminx?

puffyswims

Are there other megaminx methods that you can use besides just a lot of f2l then last layer?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

M

Malkom

Talking about LL, would you faster people recommend learning lots of OLLs or force EO for last two faces?

Talking about LL, would you faster people recommend learning lots of OLLs or force EO for last two faces?

I think there are a lot of OLLs worth learning. Definitely worth trying to avoid dot EO (or one edge since it's Mega).

M

Malkom

I think there are a lot of OLLs worth learning. Definitely worth trying to avoid dot EO (or one edge since it's Mega).
i don't think you really get my question. Is it better to do regular OLL or to oriented all edges for last two faces like petrus.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Malkom

Dont know if this is the right place to post, but I'll do it anyway
Just did an Ao12 with splits (the splits are Mo12s), what's my weakest part?
Ao12: 1:01.28 Star: 5.23 F2L: 15.37 S2L: 31.82 LL: 9.20

Last edited by a moderator:

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Most people do EO->CO->EP->CP. It's a pretty good variation; doesn't have a ton of algs (3EO+14CP+5EP+15CP=37 4LLL), and can get quite fast.
I have EO already done when I get to LL, so that leaves me with CO->(EP->CP/CP->EP/PLL). My permutation strategy is pretty fluid, depending on what case I get.

I don't know if anyone actually uses full OLL->PLL, but I know that some people (Juan Pablo for one) use full PLL.