• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Looking for official scrabble algorithms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium82

hey guys,

I have recently found this and been using the first one to scrabble the cube. According to this screenshot it is no longer the official one and I cant seem to find it. Plus clicking on the "here" leads me to their official website that doesn't have anything similar to this screenshot.

scramble.jpg
Also....are there any fairly good mixing algorithms we could use to get a challenge out of the Rubik's cube that you would recommend?

Last edited:

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
The official scrambling software used in competitions is TNoodle. You can download it here. The two main scrambling algorithms used are random move and random state. Most timers like cstimer will use random state, which involves generating a random cube state and then finding an algorithm to reach that state. Random move is as it sounds; a string of random moves at a random length. All of this aside, if you want a dedicated scrambling program, TNoodle is WCA recognised, but any cube timer will do just as good a job without you having to install and (God forbid) run Java.

Elysium82

The official scrambling software used in competitions is TNoodle. You can download it here. The two main scrambling algorithms used are random move and random state. Most timers like cstimer will use random state, which involves generating a random cube state and then finding an algorithm to reach that state. Random move is as it sounds; a string of random moves at a random length. All of this aside, if you want a dedicated scrambling program, TNoodle is WCA recognised, but any cube timer will do just as good a job without you having to install and (God forbid) run Java.
Thank you. I can't install TNoodle. I dont have the technical knowledge to do so.
I was just looking for something like a screenshot or something that would generate an algorithm that I could use again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.