• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

live.cubing.net - Live Results for your Official Competition

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Jim Mertens recently coded up http://live.cubing.net/. The intention is to offer easy-to-use live results for competitions around the world.

The only thing you need is an internet connection where you can upload the (current) spreadsheet throughout the day. (There are a few more details, but it should be relatively easy to use.)

If you would like to request a live results site for an upcoming competition that has been officially approved, just click on "Apply for your own Live Results" to fill out the form, and we'll set it up and email you.

favicon_128.png

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm removing the request form for live.cubing.net, so this is sort of "the end". We've seen some great use, including Worlds 2011.
(The site will still stay up and functional for the time being, but I don't expect competitions to use it anymore. If anyone still wants to use live.cubing.net for a competition, though, contact me directly, and I can still make you a page.)

However, live.cubecomps.com has many more useful features, and organizers should probably be using that instead.

I still remember implementing live results for SF09 (the first time in the US!), and I'm glad that live.cubing.net helped the practice catch on. CubeComps is continuing in this spirit, so I would consider this a great "success". Thanks to Jim for helping write the live results system, and for everyone who's hosted a competition with us. :)