• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I find putting a small amount of light lube on the pieces helped my Valk 3, after it started getting fast I put a little more in it and now I have no problem with it. I used Cubicle speedy, Weight 1, and DNM37, though Traxxas 10k (which you can get at most hobby stores) should work. I also put heavier lube on the screws.

Last edited:

AMCuber

This happened to me, (if you remember) and that is why I got my Moyu Weilong GTS 2 M

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
A couple other tips that might help you:

Make sure the puzzle is tensioned evenly all around. If even one side is looser than the others it can cause a lot of catching and lockups. You can also take the puzzle apart and look to make sure the hardware and core aren't damaged. It is unlikely, but possible, to bend the screws or crack the core which could definitely give you problems. Other than that, proper cleaning and lubrication like others have suggested will usually help a lot.

All reasons above are likely, but one thing that may be helpful is ordering a new core, centers, and hardware. JRCuber did this with his AoLong V2 when it felt like complete trash, and he said it worked great. QiYi plastic is also quite fragile (all 6 of my centers on the wuxia broke wth qiyi) so it makes sense that it would wear out in that time period. If you would not like to order anything because it maybe pricey (from thecubicle, scs has cheap as dirt replacement parts) then try anything above.

All reasons above are likely, but one thing that may be helpful is ordering a new core, centers, and hardware. JRCuber did this with his AoLong V2 when it felt like complete trash, and he said it worked great. QiYi plastic is also quite fragile (all 6 of my centers on the wuxia broke wth qiyi) so it makes sense that it would wear out in that time period. If you would not like to order anything because it maybe pricey (from thecubicle, scs has cheap as dirt replacement parts) then try anything above.
Also, if you're gonna buy from scs or cubicle, buy some lube. Traxxas 30k is good for both core and pieces, and once you break in, it's magical. Buy something like speedy or some light lube too.

aNub

I bought a GTS2M and loosened every screw a bit. Every single screw except one, since it won't loosen. What do I do?

Galcor117

I might try this I have the same problem but mine seems a little better. Mine is slow and bumpy and the corr lune always wears out; continuous spring sound

NickT13

If th screw is broken just learn what type of screw it is and I bet you have one lying around in your house you can swap it with

Thom S.

Hey I've had my Qiyi SQ-1 for a few months and the bottom layer has started to loosen up a bunch. The Top layer is still just how it was out of the package (I havn't used it that much). Anyone know what's going on? I don't want to buy a new SQ-1.

Tension it by removing the E slice
If that doesn't work then try the paper mod

It's neither a tensioning issue, not a stripped core.
Unscrew your Square-1, put out all the pieces and separate the right sphere from the slice-piece(while you're at it, you might want to do the Low mod, it has no downsides) rotate just the right sphere 180° and assemble it(make sure to not lose the small piece)
From experience, that gets rid of the issue

okay, so I just got my ChuWen M, and I went to set it up. I took out a screw to lube, and it won't go back in again. I try to but it on, it'll just stay there, rotate, but won't go in. Help?

Galcor117

(no it didn’t pop)
One of the corners of my chuwen 2x2 snapped off, and while it can be attached back on, the corner part (not the stock. That still remains inside the cube) pops off whenever turning roughly or corner cutting large(ish) angles. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem

Abdo Alqady

My gts2 gets looser as I am using it. 4 of the 6 sides are very easily tensioned, and while I am solving the screws on those sides turn, meaning the tensions change while solving, mostly getting looser, and occasionally a screw falls out, along with the the centerpiece, and it all pops. What should I do? Please help.