• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How to make your thread look useful

Innocence

His avatar is perfectly fine, there is no reason to change it.

Nice call.

This is seriously the best thread of 2011. Our year has peaked. The subtle rant, the self-fulfilling tutorial, and the cheesy "just kidding" make it an instant epic win.

I also think it's just a bad idea in general to say "How to solve teh rubix cube?" for example, as saying "How to" in the first place is bad grammar and not a question. Just my two cents.

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
How about we send a private message to every new member instructing them not to make fail threads? Also, we could possibly provide a link to a well-known fail thread so that they'll understand to ask a question on the One Answer Question Thread and to not make a brand new one.

danthecuber

WCA
2011SELZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How about we send a private message to every new member instructing them not to make fail threads? Also, we could possibly provide a link to a well-known fail thread so that they'll understand to ask a question on the One Answer Question Thread and to not make a brand new one.

Here's a good one. Any other thread created by TheRubiksGod would fit perfectly too

Last edited:

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pretty good thread, because it's needed.

When I see stupid useless threads I just ignore them and hopefully no one else posts on them so they can move off the list.

MichaelP.

WCA
2009PERK02
YouTube
Visit Channel
-inbe4theguywhogotflamedforpostingthe"dontyouhatetomanyquestionmarks???????????????????"threadrages.-

-inbe4 the guy who got flamed for posting the "dont you hate to many question marks???????????????????" thread rages.-

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You could say that again.

<3 the irony.

Probably the single most annoying thing about this forum besides the same old generic threads is probably the lack of the OP to make the thread with a question mark when they are asking a question. It takes a fraction of a second to add and yet they don't do it.

The same goes for posts that asks questions. IT'S TERRIBLE. <--- lol. I don't even like not having question marks in IMs. It's a question, add one character at the end and it's good.

Agree Agree Agree. There should be special mods out there for noobs that do this.

masteroftheWoner.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought of the perfect solution. If a Noob starts a new thread, their thread title will automatically have 3 or 4 question marks added to the end. As your post count gets higher, the number of question marks added to the end of your thread title decreases.
This would be pretty funny. (And it would solve the problem, right?) +1 support!