• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How do top speed cubers move their fingers so quickly?

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is an excellent point. I am curious to know why the top speed cubers are teens. Is it just because teens have a lot of free time?

Its to do with the fact that as we get older and older our brains tend to get more stressed out over the complexity of life.
In other words, yes. From my point of view.

Its to do with the fact that as we get older and older our brains tend to get more stressed out over the complexity of life.
In other words, yes. From my point of view.
Well, I am 16 right now. So I will make sure to use my time to get as good as I possibly can. I want to impress everyone at college!

It was okay the first two days. Solving for others' amazement has become a chore for me, but hopefully that won't happen to you. :)
I remember last year I pulled out my guhong on the bus and all the girlies got really handsy with my cube :) then they all tried to copy me but couldn't match my superior dexterity!

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I am 16 right now. So I will make sure to use my time to get as good as I possibly can. I want to impress everyone at college!

I hope they're impressed by what a mature, wise, humorous individual you will have become by then too.
Also lols girls. I get that too and I find it funny.

Last edited:
I hope they're impressed by what a mature, wise, humorous individual you will have become by then too.
Also lol girls they're funny.
Haha. Yep. I am always making people laugh at school. Usually not at my own expense either! which is always a plus. Most people don't really take me seriously though, because I don't own a pickup truck. Things are different in the midwest lol.

CHJ

WCA
2012HALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha. Yep. I am always making people laugh at school. Usually not at my own expense either! which is always a plus. Most people don't really take me seriously though, because I don't own a pickup truck. Things are different in the midwest lol.

then those people are dumb. what the hell is a pickup truck worth, sure it'll get you from here to there but doesn't make you any different. I hate cars so my rant over.
on the subject of higher speeds, when you practice or drill algs naturally your reflexes get fasterer for that move/fingertrick. soon it'll become fasterer and fastererer and so forth, thus making other alg/fingertrickeries easier to do fasterererererererererer and moar improvements and stuffs. basically mild drilling of algs and stuff

then those people are dumb. what the hell is a pickup truck worth, sure it'll get you from here to there but doesn't make you any different. I hate cars so my rant over.
on the subject of higher speeds, when you practice or drill algs naturally your reflexes get fasterer for that move/fingertrick. soon it'll become fasterer and fastererer and so forth, thus making other alg/fingertrickeries easier to do fasterererererererererer and moar improvements and stuffs. basically mild drilling of algs and stuff
I currently can get around 9 tps doing easy plls. Is that good?

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I currently can get around 9 tps doing easy plls. Is that good?

Yes thats good enough for now, however you should be more concerned about how fast you can lookahead as that translates to how fast you can subconsciously think of turns. In other words you don't fumble or have to think of a turn before doing it.

I think working on TPS is wasted work if you can't lookahead that fast. If you algs are reasonably fast should be k til your lookahead halvws your time or something

Last edited:

Nathan Dwyer

WCA
2011DWYE02
Ebonics - American black English regarded as a language in its own right rather than as a dialect of standard English.
Phonics- a method of teaching people to read by correlating sounds with letters or groups of letters in an alphabetic writing system.
Not only does my username sound cool, it is also a joke. It means teaching people how to read and speak like black Americans.

I understand what it means, It's just quite an interesting username lol

depends on which PLL, its pretty good yes, all you need to do is aim for 10TPS then 11TPS etc. etc. till you can sub1 each alg. I'm going for a few currently
I am sitting at 1.5 seconds on the t perm. I am hoping that getting a zhanchi will help. my guhong version 1 just isn't cutting it anymore. It pops ten times a day! And yes, I have it tensioned right!

I would call that mediocre. Definitely not horrible though. Personally I can get 15+ On algs like E perms, J perms, T perms, H perms, U perms.. The easy ones. However, 9 TPS is good enough to be sub 10 easily with really good look ahead..
Well, I am just going to take the general advice given to noobs and practice practice practice! But thanks for being honest!