• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Connecting a Stackmat timer to computer

swburk

Ok, I've got mine working, but I'm posting what worked here for others who might have the same issue:

The cables I linked to above work fine if your computer has a microphone-only port, which my desktop does. However, the Stackmat will not work if you are plugging it into a headphone/microphone combined port, which my Mac has. If that is the port you have, you need the USB adapter that CuberStache linked to.

drdoge97

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently ordered a g4 stackmat, but when I connect it to my computer it, it connects, but doesn't really work. When I use it without cstimer, it works fine.

Here's a screen recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m0YRrhfMIlZyOc6LqxotwRP0EhdlRo0V/view?usp=sharing

If you're wondering, at the beginning it was me trying to connect the stackmat. And yes, I've tried on chrome, it does the same thing. I just prefer to use edge.

rubik2005

Try using Chrome. I've tried using a stackmat on a laptop, but it never worked. I recently got a PC, and sometimes I would get like a 0.006, but its not doing it anymore. Besides that, maybe replace batteries, make sure the cable is fully conncted, and try using the secure version (https://cstimer.net) on chrome with permission to the microphone. Maybe this helps, maybe it won't but at least try all these things first.

swburk

Try using Chrome. I've tried using a stackmat on a laptop, but it never worked. I recently got a PC, and sometimes I would get like a 0.006, but its not doing it anymore. Besides that, maybe replace batteries, make sure the cable is fully conncted, and try using the secure version (https://cstimer.net) on chrome with permission to the microphone. Maybe this helps, maybe it won't but at least try all these things first.

I have had that issue for awhile, and it's very frustrating, because it doesn't happen all the time. Did you find a way to solve it?

Tymon just posted a video a little bit ago having the same issue:

rubik2005

I have had that issue for awhile, and it's very frustrating, because it doesn't happen all the time. Did you find a way to solve it?

Tymon just posted a video a little bit ago having the same issue:
After the first day or two, it started working just fine for some reason. I'll have to wait and see if it happens again, but it's fine at the moment.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, im having a problem with my stackmat timer. I want to connect it to cstimer but i cant find a cable that fits in the stackmat. Do you have any idea on where to find such cable and what type it is?
My stackmat timer is gen 4.

Edit: I found that i need a 2.5 to 3.5 millimeter cable, is that right or not?

Last edited:

Skewb_Cube

i dont need one im on desktop its seperate. But i dont have that cable so is there another way?

I would recommend getting a cable because like that you avoid the issue of having to type your times (I do that with my Yj timer and it's a bit annoying).

You can get the cable for $2.99 in The Cubicle. Here

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I would recommend getting a cable because like that you avoid the issue of having to type your times (I do that with my Yj timer and it's a bit annoying).

You can get the cable for $2.99 in The Cubicle. Here
i dont really buy in the cubicle because my mom prefers amazon though
i will see if i can buy the cable though.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Its basically aux to aux cable but different dimensions on both the sides. Some cubing companies have started producing it, otherwise you will get it at your local electronics store.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
im sorry if this isnt the right place to post, i dont really know where to post this, but what do you reccomend a good online timer? I used to use Ctimer, but it feels too complicated and sometimes it glitches. I need something that supports stackmat timer connection, and is simple.

JusticeDB

So I bought a data connector for stackmat, plugged it in using a tutorial. It shows --:-- but when I start the timer and stop it it doesn't show the time. Can anyone help me?