• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Connecting a Stackmat timer to computer

swburk

Ok, I've got mine working, but I'm posting what worked here for others who might have the same issue:

The cables I linked to above work fine if your computer has a microphone-only port, which my desktop does. However, the Stackmat will not work if you are plugging it into a headphone/microphone combined port, which my Mac has. If that is the port you have, you need the USB adapter that CuberStache linked to.

drdoge97

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently ordered a g4 stackmat, but when I connect it to my computer it, it connects, but doesn't really work. When I use it without cstimer, it works fine.

Here's a screen recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m0YRrhfMIlZyOc6LqxotwRP0EhdlRo0V/view?usp=sharing

If you're wondering, at the beginning it was me trying to connect the stackmat. And yes, I've tried on chrome, it does the same thing. I just prefer to use edge.

ronnah371

2) When i link the stackmat to my PC prisma timer doesnt even detect it, even though the selected imput is the "Primary driver audio imput", which is the same as the CCT one. Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox

Last edited:

rubik2005

WCA
2018RIVE07
Try using Chrome. I've tried using a stackmat on a laptop, but it never worked. I recently got a PC, and sometimes I would get like a 0.006, but its not doing it anymore. Besides that, maybe replace batteries, make sure the cable is fully conncted, and try using the secure version (https://cstimer.net) on chrome with permission to the microphone. Maybe this helps, maybe it won't but at least try all these things first.

swburk

Try using Chrome. I've tried using a stackmat on a laptop, but it never worked. I recently got a PC, and sometimes I would get like a 0.006, but its not doing it anymore. Besides that, maybe replace batteries, make sure the cable is fully conncted, and try using the secure version (https://cstimer.net) on chrome with permission to the microphone. Maybe this helps, maybe it won't but at least try all these things first.
I have had that issue for awhile, and it's very frustrating, because it doesn't happen all the time. Did you find a way to solve it?

Tymon just posted a video a little bit ago having the same issue:

rubik2005

WCA
2018RIVE07
I have had that issue for awhile, and it's very frustrating, because it doesn't happen all the time. Did you find a way to solve it?

Tymon just posted a video a little bit ago having the same issue:
After the first day or two, it started working just fine for some reason. I'll have to wait and see if it happens again, but it's fine at the moment.