• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Connecting a Stackmat timer to computer

qq280833822

WCA
2008CHEN27
Recently, I'm trying to find a robust solution to connect stackmat to laptop, mobile phone, etc.
Currently, the most convenient and robust way is to use an external USB sound card, since most of the problem is due to the internal sound card of your laptop or mobile phone. However, since there are many kinds of external USB sound card, it is hard for me to verify which of them work as expected.
In mainland china, this sound card works as expected (for both laptop and mobile phone): https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.4.79f8275c7vRjhx&id=520633346880&ns=1&abbucket=4

ramzol

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello
I have a problem with the timer when I connect it to a laptop (I use a microphone-headphone splitter)
I turn on the stackmat option in cstimer when i want to solve timer is stopping at 0.005; 0.003 etc. or not start at all. After disconnecting the cable, the timer operates normally. I use jack-2x jack splitter, not usb-2x jack.

Last edited:

PugCuber

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I asked this in a different thread, but I think I will be able to get more help here. CSTimer was just updated, and for some reason, the way CSTimer connects stackmat has changed. I have the right cables and whatnot, but when I change the 'Entering in Times with' to stackmat, and when I press 'OK', the little microphone thing in the url search bar isn't there. Does anyone know how to fix this? I use Mac btw.