• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello from Australia! I’ve never done this before and i am exited

Mr_Tiger420

Hello, I am a very new cuber currently using beginners method and am learning CFOP. I am very excited to join this community with my MF3RS and a positive additude.

About 2 months ago my friend Jack could solve a cube in 50 seconds, I wanted to be like him and solve a cube too. I had a 2 dollar fake unbranded cube that got stuck every 2 turns and a book on how to solve the rubiks cube.

I learnt to solve it in 3 minutes and was improving fast, I now have an average of 56 seconds and a single of 49 seconds. Well anyway, I ordered a MF3Rs 3x3 and a MF2RS 2x2 from the cubicle. My Dad bought a little magic pyraminx and a rubik magic for my two brothers. This oast week I’ve been using an online cube because my nice friend is painting my 3x3.

Well, thats my story and I hope to achieve a sub 20 average in 4 months.

Last edited:

MEF227

Welcome! Good luck reaching sub-20. If you need a good resource to learn algs, you can use jperm.net. I have learned quickly on that site with the tools given to me. I currently average 35 seconds, and I am also trying to reach sub-20 average eventually, but for now, I just want a sub-20 single. Hope you enjoy it here on the speed solving forums. Don’t be afraid to ask questions here. No question is a stupid question. There are likely people who have the same question, so ask away. Good luck on your goal!

Mr_Tiger420

Hello! I average just under sub 10, my biggest tip for you is to practice doing solves where you don't stop your turning AT ALL, you might start out getting much worse times but if you ever watch the pros solve, they barely ever have any pauses. So work on getting fluent in your solves.
Thanks for the tip

GAN 356 X

Welcome! Nice to have another Australian cuber on the forum!

Here is a thread for cubers from Australia

And a helpful tip: Become Colour Neutral NOW, because it only gets harder as you improve!

Mr_Tiger420

T

And a helpful tip: Become Colour Neutral NOW, because it only gets harder as you improve!
Thanks, I will

DerpBoiMoon

YouTube
Visit Channel

stole my line.

Welcome to SpeedSolving!

-derpycatmorrisonman1pi (i have no idea now) welcoming committee

JackJack13

I have showed a lot of people about cubing. was this jack you talk about me
Jack Koets?
edit nvm i wasn't averaging 50 two months ago.