• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sneakykicker

Hi! First post here, but after a competition last weekend I decided to buy a gan xs, and have been using it for the last few days. This cube is amazing. Coming from the GTS2M, it makes me really appreciate modern hardware. The tensioning system is very easy to use, just make sure you know which way to turn (clockwise) I ended up using the third click down for tensioning, and using the middle setting for the magnets, because strong magnets required a little too much effort to turn. However, my problem is: it is way too fast. I've set it up with Traxxas 50k on the core, 50k and Mystic on the tracks and pieces and using a few drops of lubicle silk. It is very enjoyable to turn, but I would like to slow it down just a bit. I was considering putting some Angstrom Gravitas inside, but I don't have any and I'm not sure if that's a smart idea. If anyone has their setups they use, leave a comment and I'll be sure to check those out. Further, with the stickerless model, I do not like the texture on the pieces. It is very smooth and after trying the X, I don't know why they changed it... Overall, super fast cube with decent corner cutting, but way too fast in my current configuration, however it's still controllable and very enjoyable to solve on.

GAN 356 X

According to J perm the matte finish becomes really nice after a lotta use. I think gravitas would do the trick, watch Lazer0monkey's video on Feliks' XS setup

I basically do the same on my X but with weight 5 instead of gravitas.

Sneakykicker

According to J perm the matte finish becomes really nice after a lotta use. I think gravitas would do the trick, watch Lazer0monkey's video on Feliks' XS setup

I basically do the same on my X but with weight 5 instead of gravitas.
Thanks!! I'll have to try it :)