• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

F2L - Stuck flipped edges (video)

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not difficult cases to perform intuitively, but these rotationless solutions are short and sweet. Enjoy!

[youtubehd]8t0xHjes3sw[/youtubehd]

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t0xHjes3sw

M U' R U M' U R'

R U S' R' U R S R'

r' U L' U' r U' L

R' F R' F' R U' R

For the first case, I think the mirror of the 3rd case is actually faster: l U' R U l' U R' ...but I wanted to share both varieties. Your mileage may vary.

For the bonus case, see this video for details on that insert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81i5lJVFdO0

Cube: Shengshou Aurora (yum!)

--------------------------------------

Music used with kind permission from Devin Townsend
Track: Quietus
Album: Epiclouder (2012)
http://devintownsend.com/

Dapianokid

These are actually some smart cases. Makes me rethink some other stuck edges cases. Nice! thanks!

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
do you find that over engineered fingertricks lend themselves to unreliable executions?

In the short-term, yes. In the long-term, no. I keep using them in speedsolves, forever, and over time they are not at all "dangerous" because they become second nature. The wackiest fingertrick I've ever seen was performed by Breandon Vallance, and he performed it effortlessly in a speedsolve--he told me that if you just do it 10,000 times, it's no longer a big deal.

Artic

In the short-term, yes. In the long-term, no. I keep using them in speedsolves, forever, and over time they are not at all "dangerous" because they become second nature. The wackiest fingertrick I've ever seen was performed by Breandon Vallance, and he performed it effortlessly in a speedsolve--he told me that if you just do it 10,000 times, it's no longer a big deal.

I'm curious what your 3x3 averages are? ao5? ao12?

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm curious what your 3x3 averages are? ao5? ao12?

You can click my WCA link; it is not by any means world-class, 17.xx. But I am a work in progress. I sacrificed 2 years to become color-neutral (sorry jskyler) and more years for a top-heavy approach. It is a battle between the tortoise and the hare, and I am VERY patient.

Artic

You can click my WCA link; it is not by any means world-class, 17.xx. But I am a work in progress. I sacrificed 2 years to become color-neutral (sorry jskyler) and more years for a top-heavy approach. It is a battle between the tortoise and the hare, and I am VERY patient.

thanks! Your vids are great, and I love crazy finger tricks. But I think my style is more conducive to simplicity and efficiency. Or maybe I'm not good enough yet, but I prefer more efficient solves.

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks! Your vids are great, and I love crazy finger tricks. But I think my style is more conducive to simplicity and efficiency. Or maybe I'm not good enough yet, but I prefer more efficient solves.
You must do what you think is right. What eventually matters are results. It will come down to movecount in the end.