• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pdid

WCA
2013MCCL07
Hi, I looked through the forum and couldn't find anywhere where I could learn to disassemble my cubes, so I thought I'd create this thread.
I thought this thread would be a good place to ask questions and post videos on how to assemble or disassemble.

I thought I'd start it off by asking how to disassemble a 2x2 and 4x4 shengshou.

Thanks.

keilian

Dissassembling a 3x3

I recently bought a shengshou 3x3 cube, as a way for me to have something to 'fiddle' with, since i have a form of attention issues, and always carry a book or something, figured a cube would be smaller and, more interesting.

Still trying to solve the final layer, have the first 2 layers solved. but I happened to notice a piece of paper or something had got worked inside it... at least I think thats what it was (may of got wedged in from being in a pocket or my backpack).

I was looking around trying to figure out how to pry it apart without breaking the pieces inside. As I said its a shengshou 3x3, if that matters (dunno if diff brands need diff ways) but all i couldfind on youtube was ways to take apart a 4x4... a 7x7... no taking apart a 3x3. I saw one that said 'turn a layer and pry the middle'... but I dont want to just break it.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to dissassemble this?

sk8erman41

WCA
2015BURK01
The easiest thing to do is rotate the top layer 45 degrees and take out a top layer edge. if your cube is tight, loosen a screw underneath the center cap to make this eaiser. You may have to twist the edge slightly as you pull it up and out. Once you have a single piece out the rest should come easily.

I searched "disassemble 3x3" on youtube and found tons of results so not sure what you were searching but here is an example.....

Also, a question like this can go in the One Answer Question Thread next time. welcome to the forums

Last edited by a moderator:

keilian

yeah probably. sorry. I had been looking for 'dissassemble sheng shou 3x3'... as I said wans't sure if specific brand mattered.

any easy way to tell what is the center cap? or just poke at all the centers..

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah probably. sorry. I had been looking for 'dissassemble sheng shou 3x3'... as I said wans't sure if specific brand mattered.

any easy way to tell what is the center cap? or just poke at all the centers..
Each center has it's own center cap, just pick any center and pry it up with your fingernail or a flathead screwdriver. Be careful not to mess up your tensions though, if you do just search: how to tension a 3x3 on Youtube.

acedirt234

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to disassemble the Witeden Oskar cube (link "http://www.amazon.com/WitEden-Oskar-3x3x3-Mixup-Black/dp/B00EL209VI")
The reason is that my internals got locked up and I can't turn the corners on the Y or Z axis ( X axis and centers/edges work fine)

josh42732

Aoshi 6x6 HELP!!

So I decided to take the long journey of putting dayan springs in my moyu 6x6. After assembly, when I attempted to solve it, I noticed that with every inner layer (2x2 way of turning the 6x6) it locks up, and refuses to turn in the middle. I've looked and there seems to be a tiny piece that is catching on the center pieces, and it is preventing it from turning at all. All of the other layers turn just fine, but the catching in the middle is preventing it from even being solves. I can't do anything with it. I have tried loosening the tensions so much that I could just pull out a center piece with no effort whatsoever. No luck. How do I fix this? I had this problem as well when I first got the cube for Christmas, and don't remember how I fixed it. Do I need to just force it until it turns? Do I need to sand down the small piece, which I would not rather do because it took me a painstaking 2 hours to just assemble it. Not including actually switching springs. In total, I have spent 2 1/2 hours doing this mod. Help?

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
The tiny piece has been moved so that it doesn't allow movement.
It should be twisted to that when the cube is solved, it is pointing towards one of the corners.

Hope this helps :D

NooberCuber

this sounds like the moyu aosu proboem
when you screw the center piece in make sure the pin is at a 45 degree angle

CharlyLolo

Can't rebuild my 3x3 DaYan Zhanchi

My daughter drop the Dayan Zhanchi cube, some pieces of the cube popped out and she replaced them in the cube. However, she must have not replaced them in the right order because i no longer can do the cube. I removed all pieces and tried to build the cube but can't seem to be able to put all the pieces, especially the corner pieces, in the right place to solve it. Help !

CharlyLolo

yes, that is what i'm trying to do but not having any succes at it. Is there a different way to put it back together ?

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Can't rebuild my 3x3 DaYan Zhanchi

Solve it as much as you can then just switch and flip pieces as required.

If you are having trouble getting pieces back out then turn the up layer 45 deg and twist an edge as you pull it out.

I hope this helps.

You could have an edge which needs flipping, a corner which needs twisting and pairs of pieces swapping to have a solvable cube.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wha? Just look at the center colors, find the piece that matches them, and put it in place (and repeat until done).

If you mean you're having trouble physically inserting the last few pieces in, the solution there is to leave one edge for last. To put that last edge in you will want to turn one of the faces (which contains the edge hole) by 45 degrees, and push the edge in that way. You may need to push down on the edge under it, or push the two adjacent corners apart. If even that is too difficult, your cube is too tight and you'll have to partially disassemble it - unscrew one center, carefully put all the other pieces on the cube, and then screw that center back on.